PDA

View Full Version : BIG thanks to everyone!

landon
12-22-2006, 03:55 AM
Howdy! I'm pretty much new here and haven't said much, but I've been devouring this board since September.

I picked up a Schwarz II 1993 525iT for REALLY cheap and two weeks later found out why - cracked head. I've been reading this great board and getting everything together for a new head and other misc engine work. Tonight it all paid off. Got everything all together and she fired right up. Yay!

So a BIG thank you to everyone who makes these boards the useful repositories of information they are! Now I get to really enjoy my BMW. Thanks!

-Landon

Boom n Zoom
12-22-2006, 09:03 AM
...... so I guess...

...that is.....

..........all that gum bashing..............

....and gnashing of teeth...........

about....."Use the search"
"Use the Search"

"Use the Search"

"Use the Search"

seems to have finally paid off....... you know of whom I speak.

:) :D :cool:

Great to have someone post AFTER they have fixed something themselves and tell everyone that it all went well.

Don'tcha think?

Cheers!

Macv
12-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Congratz! Pics!

landon
12-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Congratz! Pics!
Only pic I have right now: (crappy camera-phone at night)

http://web.mac.com/landon/iWeb/landonwhite/Main/5957449D-D604-4C05-B2EC-56C46CB9F39D_files/DSC00100.jpg

Thanks again!

Jeff in MN
12-22-2006, 11:05 PM
don't factor in the tax consequences of paying someone $100/hr to fix their car. i.e. Depending on your tax bracket you may need to earn $120 pre-tax in order to spend $100 out of your paycheck.

landon
12-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Most people don't factor in the tax consequences...

Yeah! I think I'm into it maybe $1000 for the head, machining, gaskets/seals, t-stat, oil, coolant, etc., etc.

Hey, does anybody have the interior panel that surrounds the shifter (in black or wood?) I tried to find one locally and also to get one off of Angrypancake's parts car but I never hear back from people. Thanks!

-Landon