PDA

View Full Version : F-in snowstorm

mzarifkar
12-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Eagerly i was awaiting my return to colorado from iowa. My flight got canceled because of the giant snowstorm that hit. Now my next flight available is on the 24th, I have to be back here the 7th and my girlfriend has to be back on the 30th (of dec)

United wont let her just use the Colorado - Cedar Rapids segment of her ticket, see either has to buy a one-way for $100 more or not fly at all. So now i am tethered to the phone in United's hold been 20 mins now, and counting trying to get to a human to see if they can fix it. if they can let her have her one way,
we will be in the 525, for the usually 12 hour drive.

does anyone live in the neighborhood of I-80 between cedar rapids and Cheyenne, that can tell me how the roads are?

-eM

colo525i
12-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Here is the Nebraska DOT's page

http://www.511nebraska.org/ndortip/index.jsp
I live in the Boulder, CO area, and as far as i know the i-76 corridor got the worst of the storm but is now open. Main highways around here are clear, but there is ice in some spots. Nebraska DOT is not showing I-80 to be closed but it does have it marked "extreme caution" west of north platte so i would expect ice. I'd take a set of snow chains if i had to go out in that area. You might not need them, but certainly would be useful. Conditions should be improving throughout the weekend, no significant weather should be coming through, and it is supposed to be sunny!

Mr Project
12-22-2006, 07:48 AM
I live in Lincoln, NE, which is on the eastern edge of I-80 in NE. It's totally fine here, we've had nothing but a little rain over the last few days, not even freezing. But if you get very far west (toward the middle of the state) it gets pretty bad.

I-80 was closed out west yesterday, I believe, but as colo525i said, it should get better pretty quickly over the next couple of days.