PDA

View Full Version : ot: bad bad trip...

skr
12-20-2006, 07:28 PM
i had to take this trip to a city near me, part of the road being a nice curvy mountain road. what i didn't know was that i was going to get snow. my main worry was the lack of windshield washer pump, not my worn out rear tires. (got 2 new ones sitting in my garage for 3 months...lol)

so i hit the snow, take it slow, no problem... for a while. then i enter a small descending curve ,driving at about 20 mph and all of a sudden the car totaly looses any kind of grip. ass starts sliding out , then i keep sliding with one side facing th road ,engine brakeing having no efect, so i turned the weel to to the other full lock and gave it some gas, wich made me stop perfectly in a road side parking on the other side, facing the wrong way just inches away from the sidewalk... then in the minute i stayed there some other guy did the same thing and rear ended a van that hit the rail and was stopped there.

so, i realize i was lucky and nothing happened and move on. i get to where i was going and on my way back the car starts pulling to one side. i stop in another road side parking to look at it , and guess what... yea, a flat.
so i had to change my tire in -10 degrees celcius and snow. realy nice. i freeze my ass off and change it. so, off we go. 10 minutes later my friend got sick and we had to stop for him to puke. twice. then, some 20 minutes later, snow is gone, 4 lane road, that guy isn't sick no more, so, all good. till i enter the thickest possible fog. with realy dirty headlights and dirty windshield form the lack of washer pump. stopped, cleaned the headlights with a rag and poured some mineral water on the windshield and took it realy slow till home.

in total a 80 mile round trip took us over 3 hours. damn. i wonder if winter tires whould have stopped me from sliding out on that ice... anyway this post doesn't actually have a reason, i'm just tired and pissed.