PDA

View Full Version : Who wants it?

632 Regal
12-20-2006, 03:34 PM
At 1 dollar I want to bid on it...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-Pontiac-Can-Am-Lemans_W0QQitemZ170063049836QQihZ007QQcategoryZ642 4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

GoldenOne
12-20-2006, 07:27 PM
sooooo...is the profit from this going towards the 8?

swenpro
12-20-2006, 10:22 PM
even astronauts have to use OT in the subject ;)

632 Regal
12-20-2006, 10:27 PM
sorry bout the lack of OT, forgot... the money is going towards the change of location for work. Economy is so bad in MI you wouldnt believe. went from 120 customers to ~73 in 2 years. they all are out of business.

Thanks to Stu "omega" he saved the internet orders and that is progressing. Why sit and stare at walls your paying for instead of paying your home mortgage?

Just buy the damn car, smokey holeshots you have never seen.

Itsnotme1988
12-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Nice lookin' car. Definatley not something you see every day. Good luck with sell.

BTW: Are the panels in the back cut for speakers?

Felixdacat
12-20-2006, 11:24 PM
I'd sport it. Love t-tops and targas. Makes any car look sexy. Even Yugos:D

Robin-535im
12-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Selling the GQ...

Man, if this was 20 years ago, I could pick up high school chicks day in and day out in that thing.

Looks like a lot of time, elbow grease and money went into that car. Let's hope the new owner appreciates it. $6,500 for that much horsepower - not bad at all.

angrypancake
12-21-2006, 01:18 AM
you could still pick up high school chicks.... you keep gettin older, but they stay the same age!

hakwuzhere
12-21-2006, 03:45 AM
I almost began this post jokingly making fun of whatever that car is... then I realized that you are really selling it.

Sorry Jeff, but spend the $10 at RadioShak to put in new front speakers and also please do not describe TNT speakers as making your pants vibrate.

I dunno what a Can-Am is... but it sounds like it was a highly desired car for the time (Im 30, so Im wondering when this thing came out). GL on the sale, 10 bids on a 7 day auction within 12hrs is awesome... itll peak close to BIN then hold off until 20mins to closing.. If you get within $700 of BIN before 3 days left on the auction, pay to have BIN removed, itll go higher.

indierthanthou
12-22-2006, 01:08 AM
michigan sucks, brah....get out of here while you can

632 Regal
12-22-2006, 11:00 AM
This is great info, never thought you could do this!

the rumors are:
The car came out in 1977 as a special order, based on the 76 model pontiac lemans with louvered rear side windows. a private Canadian company worked out a joint venture with US pontiac motors to convert the cars. after some were built (about 1300) the rumor is that a mold broke or something, investing in a new mold and the time it took to convert them caused the venture to stop. There was something like only 3000 made, all were white with a red interior. The canadian company and american pontiac is why it is called a Can-AM.

itll peak close to BIN then hold off until 20mins to closing.. If you get within $700 of BIN before 3 days left on the auction, pay to have BIN removed, itll go higher.

VentoGT
12-22-2006, 12:03 PM
What about all of the radio commercials with Jeff Daniels talking about the opportunities in Michigan though? I mean, it must be great, seeing as we hear the commercials in GEORGIA...

DanH
12-22-2006, 12:27 PM
What about all of the radio commercials with Jeff Daniels talking about the opportunities in Michigan though? I mean, it must be great, seeing as we hear the commercials in GEORGIA...

We hear those commercials in MN also...

Just look at the numbers 120 down to 73, Jeff lost 47 customers so now there is that much more opportunity to be a customer in Michigan!

I'm originally from MI myself so still have a lot of roots stuck there. For example rooting for the wings, tigs, pistons, and lionesses.

Too bad i'm missing out on all that opportunity there nowadays. I hear there is going to be room for another print shop in clarkston...

Good luck with the sale Jeff.

632 Regal
12-22-2006, 12:50 PM
3 years ago I had 180 michigan based customers :(

Its a buyers market here, houses are on the market an average 3 years and only sell way below market. I sold my mothers house this summer and took a 30k hit. Too bad you cant get a job to pay the mortgage here though.

18 printshops in Oakland county alone went out of business the past 2 years, this includes the large factories and mom n pop stores.

We hear those commercials in MN also...

Just look at the numbers 120 down to 73, Jeff lost 47 customers so now there is that much more opportunity to be a customer in Michigan!

I'm originally from MI myself so still have a lot of roots stuck there. For example rooting for the wings, tigs, pistons, and lionesses.

Too bad i'm missing out on all that opportunity there nowadays. I hear there is going to be room for another print shop in clarkston...

Good luck with the sale Jeff.