PDA

View Full Version : E34 540 touring handbook

540 touring
12-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Hello All

I've just bought a 1994 e34 540 touring, but unfortunately don't have a handbook. Is it possible to download one or does anyone have a spare ?
I am particularly interested in the functions of the obc. How do I reset the average mpg etc. What is 'Prog 1' ?

thanks for your help.

All the best to everyone.

Phil

shogun
12-20-2006, 08:19 AM
OBC is included in the standard owners manual
http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

Spasso
12-21-2006, 11:45 PM
I picked up a complete "New Owners" package from http://www.books4cars.com/.
It had all of the manuals, owners, radio, service record booklet and support network pamphlet plus the introductory cassette.
It wasn't brand new but I thought it was well worth the price to have the complete package. No more "mystery buttons"

Paul in NZ
12-22-2006, 12:12 AM
prog 1 is the displa you see on the dash after you have pushed the LH stalk button.After Prog 1 is displaed you then push as many buttons on the obc itself and that functon will be displayed on each subsequent push of the stalkAfter you have entered all your functions you simply press S/R.
To reset the average fuel economy(there are two memories,cons 1 and cons 2) you have either cons1 or cons 2 displayed and then hit S/R the display will zero out and then display an instantaneous reading and it will average out from that moment until the next time you hit S/R

540 touring
12-23-2006, 12:10 PM
prog 1 is the displa you see on the dash after you have pushed the LH stalk button.After Prog 1 is displaed you then push as many buttons on the obc itself and that functon will be displayed on each subsequent push of the stalkAfter you have entered all your functions you simply press S/R.
To reset the average fuel economy(there are two memories,cons 1 and cons 2) you have either cons1 or cons 2 displayed and then hit S/R the display will zero out and then display an instantaneous reading and it will average out from that moment until the next time you hit S/R

Thanks Paul

Merry Christmas

Phil