PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Code 105

mango
12-19-2006, 09:07 PM
As happens to everyone, I have received the infamous trans prog error which has decided to come and go randomly. Had a helpful BMW friend read the Transmission computer codes and there was just 1 error code being:
105 engine load info (DKT).

I haven't been able to find any info on this code but it is sounding electrical not mechanical and it was suggested that maybe a faulty connector on transmission loom may be cause.

Has anyone had experience with this fault?

Grateful for any feedback

Cheers
Andrew

aston_jag_tech
12-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I feel your frustration. We got a car in the shop with a magneti meralli trans and we cant get it to shift without messaging "transmission fault". Mechanical, sounds and shifts flawlessly! But the sensor reading values are just a little off and way too sensative.. like .5 mm sensative. :(

Good luck

BillionPa
12-19-2006, 11:34 PM
what model number of the transmission? A4S 310R?

BillionPa
12-19-2006, 11:36 PM
by the way, if it is that model, then its related to pin 35 on the TCU, and i think that goes to the DME, relaying engine temp and throttle position sensor info. so either there is a short or break, or the throttle sensor is buggy.

aston_jag_tech
12-19-2006, 11:48 PM
BillionaPa. Great Tech help response...Aston hasnt been so fortunate. Can you help!!! ;)

mango
12-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the input guys. My 525i is a '95 Australian delivered touring, which has a 5 speed auto. This means it may be a A5S 310Z ??
The Bentley's manual doesn't quote a 5 speed auto for the 525i..
Great if someone could clarify as I haven't actually looked at the id plate, yet.

From what I'm hearing it sounds like electrical gremlins are the cause.

Cheers
Andrew.

BillionPa
12-20-2006, 01:17 AM
the 5 in A5S means 5 speed. if it is the A5S, then the code is for the same error, and the fix would be the same.