PDA

View Full Version : Racing Dynamics Swaybar color

GoldenOne
12-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Hey guys, quick question, Im in talks about buying a used RD kit but I need confirmation on what color its suppose to be. I thought they were green (as pictured on bmw34.net) but the one im looking at is blue. Does/has any installed a set of RD swaybars and can confirm what color they should be??
Or how I can tell if its authentic RD?

Thanks!

Vanguard
12-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Did you contact RD?

GoldenOne
12-19-2006, 03:19 PM
I contacted RD USA and they said their bars are green, but RD Italy says their bars are blue...

angrypancake
12-19-2006, 04:54 PM
RD Italy is the "real" RD, right.

Rigmaster
12-19-2006, 05:44 PM
There was a big blow up between RD (Italy) and RD-USA. Not sure of all the details, but I think it's still sort of going on. Both claim to be the "real" RD, and I think both make quality products- but what you heard from RD USA about their bars (and springs) being green and RD (Italy) bars and springs being blue is true AFAIK. Not sure if they are essentially the same parts other than color- but they are both good aftermarket parts.

Bret.

TC535i
12-19-2006, 07:05 PM
I think you have that backwards. Racing Dynamics (Italy) stuff is green. I have their original sway bars on my white car. RD Sport, the US company, has blue stuff.

Johntee540
12-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Ok - so these guys are in my backyard. In fact they are across the street from my mechanic in Alexandria VA. Racing Dynamics (US) Swaybars are green. I have them installed on my car and I walked them across the street from Racing Dynamics Retail outlet.

The story between Racing Dynamics (the real Racing Dynamics) and RD Sport is that there once was a partnership between the guys in VA and a guy named Federico to sell Performance BMW parts. It was very successful. At one point Federico offered to sell the Racing Dynamics Name and Branding to the VA partners. They took him up on the offer and bought the rights to the name and the Brand.

All was fine until Federico moved to Italy and started selling products under the Racing Dynamics name. There were several court proceedings that prevented Federico from using the Racing Dynamics name in any way. He was then forced to change the name of his company to RD SPort. It was later determined that Federico had sold the Racing Dynamics Name and Brand to a few other people as well.

So to sum up. Racing Dynamics is US and located in Alexandria VA - the only Racing Dynamics. RD Sport is in Italy and the one that Federico opened after being sued for using the Racing Dynamics name after he didnt own it.

Hope this helps. - JT

Alan_525i
12-19-2006, 10:50 PM
My RD bars, which were bought from Electrodyne or Racing Dynamics USA, are blue. They were bought on the group buy in 2002.

liquidtiger720
12-20-2006, 12:58 AM
All I have to say is....

**** Federico. ****er made me wait 3 months for my wheels with my cash in his pocket (for no good reason).

TC535i
12-20-2006, 01:03 AM
yeaaaaah... I know another 95 525iA owner that's not so happy with Federico right now (re: a quad exhaust for his 05 545i)

Booster
12-20-2006, 09:09 AM
What diameter are these bars and anyone recall their costs each or per set ?
I'd love a set of used ones. If anyone knows of some links to some,plese forward to me via PM...pleasey,please..:p
.........Vinny

BigKriss
12-20-2006, 09:23 AM
What about some new ones from www.whiteline.com.au, aboutaud$550 for front and rear adjustable bars.

What diameter are these bars and anyone recall their costs each or per set ?
I'd love a set of used ones. If anyone knows of some links to some,plese forward to me via PM...pleasey,please..:p
.........Vinny

Alan_525i
12-20-2006, 10:41 AM
When we had the group buy, it was about 300 bucks. IT is 27mm front, 19mm rear. Adjustable three ways in front, two in back. Comes with new bushings and rear end links.

Booster
12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
When we had the group buy, it was about 300 bucks. IT is 27mm front, 19mm rear. Adjustable three ways in front, two in back. Comes with new bushings and rear end links.

Mmm, wish I hadn't missed that GB. What color did these come in?...Green, I assume?
........Vinny

zmuff
12-20-2006, 11:01 AM
I've got a set of green ones on mine. I like 'em a lot!:D

Johntee540
12-20-2006, 10:23 PM
My RD bars, which were bought from Electrodyne or Racing Dynamics USA, are blue. They were bought on the group buy in 2002.
Drugs Kill Brain Cells! Alan you are correct. If I had just looked on my own CarDomain site - I wouldve seen that the Electrodyne Racing Dynamics Sways are blue. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/737181/3

A mind is a terrible thing to waste - unfortunately these days my brain functions on a lower level due to the copius amounts of weed ingested in the 70's. Sorry for the confusion introduced to the thread. - JT