PDA

View Full Version : EAT chip CHRISTMAS sale

MarkD
12-19-2006, 08:30 AM
From now till Jan 10, get any EAT chip at 10% off. Just order from my site, and I'll send you 10% back within 2 days. (that's the easiest way for me to run this sale). Chipe will be shipped out starting around Jan 3, but some may be shipped earlier (such as this week if you order now).

All chips for the USA are shipped from the USA by USPS Priority Post, and I ship the International orders from Toronto.

Have a great Christmas!

Order now and order often so I can buy InfernoM3's M-parallels for my wife's car. :D

MarkD

Barry
12-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Mark,You ever look at the chip for my car??

Barry-South Africa??remember??sent you ecu numbers and internal chip numbers?

Said it was old and you probably cut your teeth on this ecu?

Alexlind123
12-19-2006, 09:13 AM
I would, but im buying an expensive camera, and i bought myself a hard drive last night. By January 10th i might feel comfortable making the purchase though.

Jehu
12-19-2006, 10:29 AM
If you have the Time, Inclination and Ability to explain what device I'd need and the procedure to read my chip I'd consider doing it and sending you the data to make a chip for my Alusil 540 with the unusual DME number.

repenttokyo
12-19-2006, 11:13 AM
I would love to buy a chip from EAT - however, I have sent 2 emails to this company now in the past 2 weeks asking questions about the chips, their power gains, etc, and I have yet to receive any kind of reply. Service like that makes me far more likely to buy a Conforti chip - which is too bad, as I am located in Canada as well.

DanDombrowski
12-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Just a quick plug for Mark's Chip -

My 93 525i with a 5 speed went from 16.1 in the quarter mile (my best time of the night) to 15.6 with his EAT chip (again, my best time of the night).

Thats all the hard data I have for you, but its something.

Jon K
12-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah I never got an EAT chip as prize for the 2006 Virtual Car Show

MarkD
12-19-2006, 02:34 PM
I would love to buy a chip from EAT - however, I have sent 2 emails to this company now in the past 2 weeks asking questions about the chips, their power gains, etc, and I have yet to receive any kind of reply. Service like that makes me far more likely to buy a Conforti chip - which is too bad, as I am located in Canada as well.

In the last 6 to 8 weeks, I've had quite a few people tell me they sent an email and didn't get a reply. In many cases, I actually didn't get their email. My ISP (Bell Sympatico) is using MS hotmail for their email server now and I suspect this is the problem.

Please cc any email you send to mark.dsylva @ gmail.com in addition to the regular mark@dsylva-tech.ca and I'll be sure to respond within 2 or 3 days. I don't recall anyone sending two emails in the past few weeks which I have not answered.

Mark

MarkD
12-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah I never got an EAT chip as prize for the 2006 Virtual Car Show

Jon,

I am quite willing to send you a chip but didn't you need an EWS for an M60? I was sure that was the problem. Send me a contact number and I'll call you, and sort this out. If you require an EWS chip I'll have a programmer sent to you to read the chip.

Mark

MarkD
12-19-2006, 02:37 PM
If you have the Time, Inclination and Ability to explain what device I'd need and the procedure to read my chip I'd consider doing it and sending you the data to make a chip for my Alusil 540 with the unusual DME number.

Send me an email with a contact number and I'll call you. Do you have access to an EPROM reader/programmer?

Mark

repenttokyo
12-19-2006, 02:38 PM
In the last 6 to 8 weeks, I've had quite a few people tell me they sent an email and didn't get a reply. In many cases, I actually didn't get their email. My ISP (Bell Sympatico) is using MS hotmail for their email server now and I suspect this is the problem.

Please cc any email you send to mark.dsylva @ gmail.com in addition to the regular mark@dsylva-tech.ca and I'll be sure to respond within 2 or 3 days. I don't recall anyone sending two emails in the past few weeks which I have not answered.

Mark

Messages have been forwarded.

MarkD
12-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Mark,You ever look at the chip for my car??

Barry-South Africa??remember??sent you ecu numbers and internal chip numbers?

Said it was old and you probably cut your teeth on this ecu?

Barry,

I was working many hours a week on a contract job but that finished 3 weeks back. I can look at the chip now. (actually I'll start having a look in mid-January)

Mark

Fetch
12-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Are the 530/5 Speed chips still not publicly available?...

Jehu
12-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Send me an email with a contact number and I'll call you. Do you have access to an EPROM reader/programmer?

Mark

I'll contact you when i do.

MarkD
12-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Are the 530/5 Speed chips still not publicly available?...

I had hoped to develop that chip but can't find any 530's in Toronto at all.

Mark

Jon K
12-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Jon,

I am quite willing to send you a chip but didn't you need an EWS for an M60? I was sure that was the problem. Send me a contact number and I'll call you, and sort this out. If you require an EWS chip I'll have a programmer sent to you to read the chip.

Mark

Mark I will contact you tomorrow during the day via phone - I don't mean to sound edgy at all I just never heard anything. I have the VIN for the car, can I give you that and you tell me if its EWS?

MarkD
12-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Mark I will contact you tomorrow during the day via phone - I don't mean to sound edgy at all I just never heard anything. I have the VIN for the car, can I give you that and you tell me if its EWS?

I was sure we discussed this in a PM and I said I didn't have a chip available.
I'm not home during the day on Wednesday. I'll be home now for another 10 or 15 minutes, or you can try from 5:00 to 7:00 pm Wednesday, or anytime during the day on Thursday.

Sure send the VIN and I'll try to determine what you need.

Mark

Jon K
12-19-2006, 08:49 PM
I was sure we discussed this in a PM and I said I didn't have a chip available.
I'm not home during the day on Wednesday. I'll be home now for another 10 or 15 minutes, or you can try from 5:00 to 7:00 pm Wednesday, or anytime during the day on Thursday.

Sure send the VIN and I'll try to determine what you need.

Mark

Ok Mark - will get in touch in some way or another. I honestly don't remember what the conclusion was.

bigtisas
12-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Just placed my order on Sunday. Missed the sales by 2 days. Why this thing always happens to me!

bsell
12-20-2006, 06:51 AM
From now till Jan 10, get any EAT chip at 10% off. Just order from my site, and I'll send you 10% back within 2 days. (that's the easiest way for me to run this sale). Chipe will be shipped out starting around Jan 3, but some may be shipped earlier (such as this week if you order now).

All chips for the USA are shipped from the USA by USPS Priority Post, and I ship the International orders from Toronto.

Have a great Christmas!

Order now and order often so I can buy InfernoM3's M-parallels for my wife's car. :D

MarkD

Fingers are crossed I will take delivery of the 95 525 (auto) before the sale runs out... I get to Germany on the 3rd of Jan. I hope the car is waiting on me.

I take it you have no problem sending chips via USPS to APO addresses?

MarkD
12-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Just placed my order on Sunday. Missed the sales by 2 days. Why this thing always happens to me!

Don't worry, I'll sned you the 10% rebate in the next 48 hours. :)

Thanks for your order!

Mark

MarkD
12-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Fingers are crossed I will take delivery of the 95 525 (auto) before the sale runs out... I get to Germany on the 3rd of Jan. I hope the car is waiting on me.

I take it you have no problem sending chips via USPS to APO addresses?

Yes I can ship to APO addresses via USPS.

I've been thinking of extending the sale till around Jan 25, so don't worry.

Mark

bigtisas
12-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Don't worry, I'll sned you the 10% rebate in the next 48 hours. :)

Thanks for your order!

Mark

Thanks Mark!!! I'm excited about your chip. Checking my mailbox everyday. :D

J.DeFeo
12-21-2006, 09:06 AM
For a '92 535, do the chips require 91 octane fuel? Also, does it matter if the car is automatic/manual? I'll definitely be picking one of these up.

bigtisas
01-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Anybody ordered the EAT chip around Christmas and received yours?
I ordered mine on 12/17. Checked my mailbox everyday and sent Mark multiple emails. Nothing.

Right now the only way to speed up my 525ia is not to carry my girlfriend and the spare tire. This method can't last too long though.

biondani
01-06-2007, 11:28 AM
My new exhaust gets fitted next week. Has more holes than swiss cheese at the moment and can get through a full tank of fuel in less than 300 miles. Once exhaust is done it's time to order the EAT chip methinks.

Ian

MarkD
02-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I've just sent out two 10% refunds for people who ordered during the Christmas sale. The main reason for the delay is that I did not know who actually saw the sale mentioned here. The sale was only for members of Bimmer.info, it was not a general sale with a 10% discount refunded to all customers. If you ordered a chip during the sale period (ended Jan 10) and didn't yet receive your refund, please send me an email by going to my CONTACT page and request the refund. I'll send it within 48 hours or less.

Thanks

Mark

bigtisas
02-12-2007, 02:42 AM
Mark, I got my refund yesterday. Thanks. Your chip works great. A must have for 525.