PDA

View Full Version : Alarm problems, Merry Christmas to me !

jrgibb
12-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Ok,

For some background see my previous thread;

Click Here (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27598)

So I still haven’t replaced the battery, however this problem with the central locking has settled down into the following;

1) The car alarm is deactivated by the passenger door.
2) I then open the drivers door that is only working manually.
3) Get in the car and off - happy days

However, last night I needed to charge the battery so off it came, I went to put it back on the morning . . .

Connected up and the alarm went off, walked round to the drivers side and open the car to turn off the alarm, nope still going off.

Disconnect the battery and the alarm is still going off !

Touch the terminal with the - lead (the + is connected) and the alarm stops for a few seconds then goes off again.

Now this went on for the best part of half and hour this morning with my neighbours were loosing patience as you can imagine.

Now I accept that the next thing I did could be considered to be monumentally stupid but you had to be there, standing in the street, with all neighbourly love and good will diminishing rapidly so, armed with a Stanley knife I cut the wire to the alarm, ripped it off the bodywork with a large screw driver, took it (still going off) out the back of my house and sunk it in a bucket of water, that stopped it !

So now as silence settled I returned to the car and have the following situation. When the battery is connected the indicators flash, however the immobiliser is not active so the car actually starts.

Any ideas on how to reset the alarm?

acidfire52
12-19-2006, 10:36 AM
WOW.... That is one stuborn alarm... Good to know I guess.

But sorry no, I cannot help you there.