PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic.

aston_jag_tech
12-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Windows movie maker.

Im using WMM to make movies of my pictures and movies Ive taken with my Kodak easyshare.

Problem I am having is that wmm will not import my format of movies.

I like WMM and would like to stick with it. Its fast, easy and has some ok features and thats all I really care about.

All I need info on is how to change format of movies pretty much.

I contacted windows multiple times and they give me a self help forum which I hate. I said hate. They wont manual enter letters to create words that will help me. They just throw links at me like a sausage!!

Any help greatly appreciated.
:D

schnell944
12-17-2006, 05:04 PM
I have the same problem. I'm using a Nikon and it saves the movie as a .mov file which can't be used in Windows movie maker. It's also kinda useless since I dont have a Mac.

632 Regal
12-17-2006, 05:04 PM
what format are your movies and what format will WMM accept?

aston_jag_tech
12-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah isnt it pissing you off!?

I had a samsung camera a year ago and those movies work for some reason. Im sure all we need is a program to change format.

aston_jag_tech
12-17-2006, 05:11 PM
what format are your movies and what format will WMM accept?

Clicking the link to import video, import file window automatically selects either avi, mpg, m1v, mp2, mp2v, mpeg.

My videos from camera are .mov

I play them in windows media player, but with no sound.

They play fine in quicktime though.

The movies that I took from my old camera are avi format.

Thanks

632 Regal
12-17-2006, 05:23 PM
this might help: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mov+to+avi&btnG=Google+Search

Im sure all we need is a program to change format.

aston_jag_tech
12-17-2006, 05:34 PM
I should have done that first I guess. I was already in the forum so I asked first. Thanks bro!!!!

How is that 6 series by the way. I remember it being what, shipped to your house a couples months ago?

aston_jag_tech
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Regal, thanks alot for the help. I converted an just need to deal with sound. Thanks again.