PDA

View Full Version : Rear Window Switches

zibello
12-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi All,
I was just wondering, it it normal that the rear window switches, located on the rear doors, are not illuminated?

BMWCCA1
12-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi All,
I was just wondering, it it normal that the rear window switches, located on the rear doors, are not illuminated?
It's certainly normal when the bulbs burn out! A frequent problem. It may also be the case when the rear-window lockout switch on the front panel is activated. I don't remember and really don't ever look. Makes sense though. I'll check in the dark tonight if no one replies with a more learned response before then.

Russell
12-17-2006, 12:14 PM
How to remove? RealOem illustration (various switches) implies it just prys out (on the sides) like many of the other e34 switches.

Both of mine are not illuminated. I assume they are burnt out. Did not seem to make any difference with the lockout switch engaged.

Is this correct? Bentley is silent-I think. TIA

shogun
12-17-2006, 07:26 PM
the little metal clips that hold it in place are almost guaranteed to come out of their nests in the switch and like in my case fall inside the door. Have a magnet handy and you might avoid pulling the door panel.
Or make a new clip out of spring metal such as a window frame hanger.

These clips are not available as single item from the dealer.