PDA

View Full Version : Help A Girl Out Fellas

Violia
12-15-2006, 12:01 AM
I was trying to reset the Service Indicator Lights on the dash
but had no luck. Now I find that I have no Instrument Lights, Gauges not moving and Fuse 1 keeps blowing. Man am I in trouble please help if you can.

Violia

Tiger
12-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Check fuse first...

Violia
12-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Check fuse first...
Have checked fuse and replaced with others still no help

Felixdacat
12-15-2006, 12:19 AM
How did you try resetting them? Did you purchase a reset tool? or did you make a reset tool? Also...What year and 5er do you have?

Traian
12-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Racing King (Mississauga, CA) has a reset tool for $20 CAD:
http://www.racingking.net/Canada/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=461

Works pretty well. Or you can make your own, there's a writeup floating around somewhere ,i'll try to fish it up....

BillionPa
12-15-2006, 12:54 AM
sounds like the general module is toast...

BillionPa
12-15-2006, 12:55 AM
oh yeah, explicit details on your car and the procedure you were performing would be helpful in diagnosis.

Violia
12-15-2006, 01:01 AM
Check fuse first...

Have checked fuse have kept changing fuse still no help keeps blowing.

Violia
12-15-2006, 01:03 AM
How did you try resetting them? Did you purchase a reset tool? or did you make a reset tool? Also...What year and 5er do you have?

Did not purchase rest tool should have. 1989 525i E34 M20 2.5 litres.

Made tool myself stupid me used piece of resistant wire.

Violia
12-15-2006, 01:09 AM
oh yeah, explicit details on your car and the procedure you were performing would be helpful in diagnosis.

The Bimmer is a 1989 525i E34 M20 2.5 litres. Originally we were trying to reset the Service Indictaor Lights on the dashboard but had no luck.

Now we have no Instrument Panel Lights, Gauges are not moving, No Brake Lights and the Fuse thay carries the laod for all of these things Fuse No 1 keeps blowing, have tried other fuses and still they blow, have checked for loose wiring could find none.

We took a piece of resistant wire and joined it between Pins 7 & 1 and it did not reset what did happen was what I have described above.

Violia

sirius_GTO
12-15-2006, 01:22 AM
no pic of you = no care.

just kidding. but a pic would be lovely. :shy:

BillionPa
12-15-2006, 01:28 AM
.... i thought it was 7 and 19?

CharlesAFerg
12-15-2006, 01:30 AM
The Bimmer is a 1989 525i E34 M20 2.5 litres. Originally we were trying to reset the Service Indictaor Lights on the dashboard but had no luck.

Now we have no Instrument Panel Lights, Gauges are not moving, No Brake Lights and the Fuse thay carries the laod for all of these things Fuse No 1 keeps blowing, have tried other fuses and still they blow, have checked for loose wiring could find none.

We took a piece of resistant wire and joined it between Pins 7 & 1 and it did not reset what did happen was what I have described above.

Violia

Are you in Oregon? I've seen a few lovely ladies around my age(20) driving around in well maintained E34s and I still haven't had the change to stop and talk to any of them. I find it impressive when the ladies actually take the time and effort to keep their cars running.
Of course, this is the internet, as far as anybody knows we're all chiks.
'Cept for me, of course.
.Charles

Traian
12-15-2006, 01:34 AM
Yep yep, 7 and 19.

http://www.homeofsbc.com/Hints/Reset_The_SIL/reset_the_sil.html

Sometimes you have to jiggle it around for a while, it hardly ever works for me on the first try.

632 Regal
12-15-2006, 01:36 AM
sounds like you fried the general module or the dash cluster. Be patient as some of the best electrical gurus are sleeping as I should be.

Violia
12-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Yep yep, 7 and 19.

http://www.homeofsbc.com/Hints/Reset_The_SIL/reset_the_sil.html

Sometimes you have to jiggle it around for a while, it hardly ever works for me on the first try.

No my Connector Pin has only 15 Pins and is a 5 Series BMW

shogun
12-15-2006, 01:39 AM
Pin 1 is TD signal on data link connector and ground on diagnostic socket
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/electrical/e36_reset_service_lights.html

Violia
12-15-2006, 01:40 AM
.... i thought it was 7 and 19?

No it is only a 15 Pin Connector plug on the 5 Series I have

Milkboot
12-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Gremlins... pure and simple

Violia
12-15-2006, 01:47 AM
Pin 1 is TD signal on data link connector and ground on diagnostic socket

Thanks I know what Pins 1 and 7 are for but do not know what I have done to make the problems occur which have taken out the brake lights, gauges etc and which keep blowing the fuse

BillionPa
12-15-2006, 02:01 AM
15 pin got it. sounds like you did it ok, but something went wrong in the cluster.

if fuse1 is blowing, then it could be the check control module or LKM. remove them and try turning the ignition back on. also check fuse 15.

Violia
12-15-2006, 02:08 AM
15 pin got it. sounds like you did it ok, but something went wrong in the cluster.

if fuse1 is blowing, then it could be the check control module or LKM. remove them and try turning the ignition back on. also check fuse 15.

Thanks Pa I know you must be very busy on here but can I ask you how do I remove the check control module/or LKM and do I put Fuse 1 back in before turning on the Ignition

angrypancake
12-15-2006, 02:16 AM
pics or ban? I contribute nothing good to this thread, electronics are over my head.

shogun
12-15-2006, 02:22 AM
can I ask you how do I remove the check control module/or LKM

They sit in the fuse box in engine room, LKM and CCM is written on the back, so you cannot miss them.
Just pull them out, no clips, might be a bit stuck, just keep pulling straight out.
You can install #1 fuse and then set ignition on, if it blows again, I hope you have more spare ones.

Violia
12-15-2006, 02:28 AM
They sit in the fuse box in engine room, LKM and CCM is written on the back, so you cannot miss them.
Just pull them out, no clips, might be a bit stuck, just keep pulling straight out.
You can install #1 fuse and then set ignition on, if it blows again, I hope you have more spare ones.

hat do the LKM & the CCM do and how would they fix my problem please Shogun.

Violia
12-15-2006, 02:29 AM

What do the LKM & the CCM do and how would they fix my problem please Shogun.

Violia
12-15-2006, 02:40 AM
What do the LKM & the CCM do and how would they fix my problem please Shogun.

I found the CCM & the LKM need to know whether to leave them out whilst turning ignition on and Fuse No 15 looks fine?

632 Regal
12-15-2006, 02:49 AM
leave them out and turn the ign on. the LKM is the light control module for all the exterior lights. the CCM is check control modue and I dont have a clue what it does but I get that error evey other day in cold weather with no drivability probs.

Violia
12-15-2006, 02:59 AM
Took out the CCM & LKM and put in new Fuse 1 and turned on the ignition and it blew straight away.

I am now crying fellas any other ideas

Violia
12-15-2006, 03:00 AM
leave them out and turn the ign on. the LKM is the light control module for all the exterior lights. the CCM is check control modue and I dont have a clue what it does but I get that error evey other day in cold weather with no drivability probs.

I took them both out and put in new Fuse 1 and turned it back on and the fuse blew straight away. Please help

BillionPa
12-15-2006, 03:11 AM
the other things hooked up to fuse 1 are:

anti lock brakes
brake lights
cruise control
light control module
check control module
charging system

the wiring is all intertwined as well. see what happens if you try to put the car in run (dont crank) with the unloader relay removed. in the fuse box there are 2 rows of relays, then the check control module, then the light control module.
the unloader relay is the middle relay in the second row down, right above the check control module.

also, turn the key one step at a time, so position 1 (acc) then to position 2 (run). position 0 being off, and 3 being start.

if the fuse blows at position 1, then the unloader relay isnt involved (at least i think thats how it works)

e39dream
12-15-2006, 03:19 AM
bmw rule of thumb:

when electronics go completely haywire and you have no other ideas, disconnect battery for one hour, cross fingers, reconnect and try again. sometimes that will chase away gremlins.

good luck.

BillionPa
12-15-2006, 03:24 AM
upon further reading of the schematics, it looks like the unloader relay would only blow fuse 28, although try that anyway.

i assume that fuse 1 blows in key position 1.

your foot isnt on the brake pedal when you turn the key is it?

the other culprits would be the cruise control module or ABS module in the e-box, but that is highly unlikely.

if no CCM/LKM/unloader relay, foot off the brake, and it still trashes fuse 1, would suspect the cluster has fried, and you need a new one.......

Qube
12-15-2006, 07:35 AM
Fill out your profile a bit more. Whereabouts are you? I have spare cluster boards and could test depending on your location.

Bill R.
12-15-2006, 08:29 AM
i know the 15 pin diagnostic connector was not used on the e34 it was only used on the e28 and if its on the e28 its on top of the motor towards the front

filip00
12-15-2006, 08:41 AM
usual reseting is done by connecting PIN 7 with any piece of metal on the car, for grounding. i use the bolt on the spring and shock cup (i don't know how you call it).

you probably fried sth connecting the wrong pins.... :(

BlueM60
12-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Ok, but more importantly, what do you look like?

Jon K
12-15-2006, 09:30 AM
just kidding. but a pic would be lovely. :shy:

are you serious?

shogun
12-15-2006, 09:44 AM
i know the 15 pin diagnostic connector was not used on the e34 it was only used on the e28 and if its on the e28 its on top of the motor towards the front

that is right, Bill

just checked the Peake instruction manual for the R5/fcx.
All models before 1987 have 15 pins, or A-style what they call it.
http://www.peakeresearch.com/compatibility.htm

That car is not an E34.

Bill R.
12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
If its an e28 fuse 1 is usually the fuel pump not the ccm or dash cluster

Edit, i suspect that somebodies playing games

that is right, Bill

That car is not an E34.

shrike071
12-15-2006, 09:52 AM
C'mon fellas - grow up a bit and stop all the immature mouth-breather pre-pubescent ramblings about what she looks like. Who gives a **** and what should it matter? She came here for help and all you want to do is make cat-calls.

ryan roopnarine
12-15-2006, 10:31 AM
please provide us with a picture of the diagnostic connector and capture some of the rest of the underhood area with it.

BMWCCA1
12-15-2006, 10:44 AM
that is right, Bill

That car is not an E34.

Maybe Violia's running a non-US-version E34, is it possible the 525i elsewhere is a pre-Motronic 1.1 car, like Motronic 1? If I'm remembering correctly, didn't the '88 E28 528e (US-only) have Motronic 1.1 and the first use of the new diagnostic plug even while the 535i lumbered on with the 15-pin version? Maybe the low-line 520i wasn't using adaptive Motronics and thus the old version connector. Of course this thread is useless without pictures...of the car.

Fetch
12-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Guys, if you've noticed she hasn't responded to one of the request for pictures. Give her a break! Maybe if you guys could fix her problem first! lol

Violia
12-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Maybe Violia's running a non-US-version E34, is it possible the 525i elsewhere is a pre-Motronic 1.1 car, like Motronic 1? If I'm remembering correctly, didn't the '88 E28 528e (US-only) have Motronic 1.1 and the first use of the new diagnostic plug even while the 535i lumbered on with the 15-pin version? Maybe the low-line 520i wasn't using adaptive Motronics and thus the old version connector. Of course this thread is useless without pictures...of the car.

you are correct it is a non US version as I am in Oz (Australia) for all who do not know. It is most definitely a BMW 1989 E34 525i M20 2.5 litre car as stated on the manual and on the receipt of purchase. I thought that the cars sold in the USA and Europe would be different hence the components may not be quite the same. Thanks BMWCCA1 for recognising this issue. Now could someone please tell me what to do to fix it.

Violia
12-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Guys, if you've noticed she hasn't responded to one of the request for pictures. Give her a break! Maybe if you guys could fix her problem first! lol

You are correct I am so stressed trying to get the car going again Fellas as it is nearly Christmas that the last thing on my mind is what I look like.

Felixdacat
12-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Try this. I made one, and it worked well. You will find alot of helpful hints and tricks here for repairs.;)

Felixdacat
12-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Good for you. Set em straight.:p

genphreak
12-15-2006, 05:47 PM
15A is a heck of a lot of current. This is a major short. Does the fuse blow imediately?

Have you removed the cluster at some point, installed a radio or phone kit? Or did it just all of a sudden blow fuse 1?

Any other work done to the car before it started doing all this? This would lead you to the short I suspect.

If not, I would remove each item BillionPA suggested and complete a Position 1 and 2 test. You need two people, but this will help you to find the problem. It can only be in these items, unless some 'auto electrician' has been in there and used the wrong connections to connect some aftermarket accessory up.

A pack of fuses, 20 minutes and you are done.

It is most likely the brake light switch (it may not be able to cause this, but try disconnecting it anyway) or a relay that has fried itself unless your test of the Check Control or Light Kontrol Modules was not done properly.

If you whittle the suspect down to the cluster, remove the steering wheel (you need to put the key in when once the nut is off else you can't get it off) and then pull the instrument cluster (two screws and it falls forward) but remember to put a soft cloth over the lens to prevent the acrylic getting scratched.

Disconnect the special connectors on the back of the cluster to repeat the test with the cluster out of the circuit altogether. Then you will know if it is in the wiring or the cluster itself. It is very unlikey in the cluster, the only thing we see go wrong with them is the capacitors that keep the voltage up to the odometer...

Digita1 Ecstasy
12-15-2006, 10:41 PM
holy leg humpers batman. :p

ironie
12-16-2006, 06:38 AM
"How to track down, isolate and repair electrical faults in multicomponet systems" Simplified version
1) Make yourself familar with the electrical system scematic of system in question (google "bmw" "e34" "wiring" may be of some use lacking proper
manuals. pdf's can be found if one looks diligently enough ("diligent" is the first prerequisite of most car repairs, espcially for electrical systems)
BTW Many professional mechanics won't touch electrical faults (seldomly cost effective, unless they are good at it)
call me helpful. http://hosting.data.bg/bmw/BMW/E-Books/E34/Wiring%20Diagrams%20-%20E34%20(1988%20to%201995%205%20Series)/e34_89.pdf
10 meg pdf

Knowing just what runs off off the fuse that is frying is also quite helpful.
Fuse 1 from my casual glance at some information looks to be a busy little bugger, running quite a few systems...Tach fuel pump, coils
busy busy busy.
Having a friend who knows what they are doing would no doubt be of use as well
Maybe a few your girlfriends could come by, knock back a few cases of beer and help you
get it all thrashed out.
Best of luck

Derek A.
12-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Hillbilly methodology for tracking down a short.

Replace fuse with 10 gauge wire.

Turn on Ignition.

Watch for smoke.

Short found :)

danielhstout
12-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Hillbilly methodology for tracking down a short.

Replace fuse with 10 gauge wire.

Turn on Ignition.

Watch for smoke.

Short found :)

LOL Yeah or just a good way to set your car on fire. Nice.

Violia
12-17-2006, 01:04 AM
i am no further advanced than I was yesterday but bimmer is getting complete ovrehaul by tracking everything down and eliminating.

Anybody got any new suggestions?

genphreak
12-17-2006, 02:08 AM
I took them both out and put in new Fuse 1 and turned it back on and the fuse blew straight away. Please helpYou need to follow all the wires back to where the fuse. You have removed the CCM, LKM, brake switch and instrument cluster (as I was saying in my PM to you, removing the cluster is simple, you pull the wheel, the 2 cluster screws and undo the special ribbon cable connectors. If the problem is not in any of those items, it is in the wiring or something else running from Fuse 1. This is where you need to follow the wires. I am not sure where Fuse 1 drives the fuel pump, but IF this is the case perhaps check it's relay isn't fried. To check a relay you need to sue a multimeter to check it clicks neatly and that continuity is delivered across the terminals as per the diagram on the side of it.

However, back to the car, be sure to consult the schemetics and if all this is beyond you or get someone who can- it is painful if you can't isolate the problem by removing, dedcuing or someway otherwise finding where the issue has manifested. Get a mobile auto elec perhaps- or another one on his/her way to or from work. As no special equipment is needed this si simple enough. Just be sure to have the schemetics on-hand (print them out for them) and let them find it for you.

If you think you might have shorted the engine connector, perhaps check the wiring to and from it- if there is fried wiring, there's your problem :( Nick

mamilapon
12-17-2006, 03:11 PM
I almost used the wrong pin as ground the last time i did a reset , any possibility you might have done the same thing ?

aston_jag_tech
12-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Send the car to the shop!!!!

BMWCCA1
12-17-2006, 04:02 PM
I almost used the wrong pin as ground the last time i did a reset , any possibility you might have done the same thing ?All the more reason to just choose an engine ground or bracket....or pay the money for the idiot-proofed reset tools. You might actually have to use a jumper wire with clips rather than a sophisticated tool like a paper-clip, but such is the price of owning a BMW. :)

Violia
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I appreciate the advice but it comes to late. Have done the following-

1) Removed CCM & LKM

2) Disconnected Brake Light Switch

3) Traced as much Wiring as possible back to source

4) Removed Instrument Cluster

Have tried it all and still Fuse 1 blows straight away however we have been getting a small flicker on the Instrument Control Panel and then Fuse 1 blows.

The only work done on the Car recently was the Struts and Shocks, new tyres all around, Service thats about it.

Just as an aside there has been a fuel vapour in the cabin for quite sometime but can not see that this would do anything to Fuse 1 as it only carries the Brake Lights and Instrument Cluster as the car is a manual.

Jehu
12-17-2006, 08:10 PM
I second the recco to get it into a shop. Fuel smell in the cabin? Not anything i'd ignore.

Violia
12-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Fuel smell sorted need something helpful on how to stop Fuse 1 blowing so that I can go home to my house and get ready for Santie Claus

BillionPa
12-17-2006, 09:38 PM
ok, try removing the cruise control module, its in the e-box on the other side of the engine bay, middle module.

Violia
12-17-2006, 10:06 PM
I am not sure that I have Cruise Control Module as car is a manual?

Jehu
12-17-2006, 10:14 PM
I am not sure that I have Cruise Control Module as car is a manual?

Manual cars have cruise control... mine has crusie conrtol at least...

BillionPa
12-17-2006, 10:28 PM
for manuals there is a cruise control module. for automatics there is a transmission control module, and sometimes also a cruise control module (usually older cars)

either way, the cruise control module is the only other thing on fuse 1!

Violia
12-17-2006, 11:27 PM
we gave an Australian BMW and as far as I can see we have no Cruise Control Module on this car. Were would it be if I had one?

shogun
12-18-2006, 12:06 AM
do you have this?
http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/html/pg42.jpg.html
Here is the complete owners manual
http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

Where the module is on that car, no idea.

shogun
12-18-2006, 12:06 AM
sorry, double posting

Violia
12-18-2006, 12:45 AM
how is Japan today? and no I did not have that thing I am now going to go look

Violia
12-18-2006, 12:48 AM
how is Japan today? and no I did not have that thing I am now going to go look

no cruise control car is manual

Violia
12-18-2006, 12:53 AM
And yes we do have manual for the Car came with it when we bought it but it is useless, have been trying to download a Bentle Manual from the crass.on.ru
but it keeps stopping everytime i get near the thing i need to read

632 Regal
12-18-2006, 12:58 AM
download "getright" it will resume lost downloads and pick up where it stopped. Good luck with this nightmare!

but it keeps stopping everytime i get near the thing i need to read

632 Regal
12-18-2006, 01:40 AM
Okay, you jumped the thing and the problem started.

What I think happened is you jumped the wrong terminals and it fried some wiring...somewhere.

at this point, I think you have to figure *exactly* what terminals you crossed and go from that direction. we know the fuse blows but what terminal did you cross that caused it? Might have burned a couple wires somewhere and they melted off the plastic insulation and are directly crossed. This is my best guess. May have crossed several wires from the heat.

Without a picture to the exact terminals in question we can not go further (I think)

the dash cluster is dead, what else is dead? You need to reverse diagnose this thing from the viewpoint of what terminals were touched when resetting the thing.

after you have pictures to finalize what you did you should post the pictures along with a pointer (photoshop) to what you crossed in a brand new thread. Then we can get to work and try to figure at least what and where to look.

just my 2 cents.

632 Regal
12-18-2006, 01:44 AM
look at the wires right under the fuse box and stuff, has to be something obvious. Go and do a smell test and try to find a burnt plastic smell and then look in that area?

Javier
12-18-2006, 07:03 AM
however we have been getting a small flicker on the Instrument Control Panel and then Fuse 1 blows.

Javier

genphreak
12-18-2006, 07:11 AM
look at the wires right under the fuse box and stuff, has to be something obvious. Go and do a smell test and try to find a burnt plastic smell and then look in that area?Yes I second this. UNder the fuse box is a good palce to look. Also, someone said the fuel pump hung off fuse 1. I don't know how, but if they were right perhaps you can find a connector to the fuel pump you can undo and see if Fuse 1 still blows (long shot?)

Hmmm. Tough problem. What could be wrong? You state that nothing else other than shocks and tyres were fitted, yet then you say you sorted the fuel smell. How? This is unusual in these cars!

If shocks were fitted they could have upset wiring in the boot or under the rear seat- they have to remove the internal pillar side panels, rear shelf and upper and lower seat cushion to undo the rear shocks. Lift the rear seat and you'll see the General Module and another fuse box. This is a place (especially under the fuse box) to look... for damaged wiring.

Oh yes, and manual Aussie e34s CAN have cruise, even if yours does not. BMW fit cruise to manuals very commonly.

BTW; CC means you have two stalks on the right side of your steering wheel, one on the left. If the car has one stalk on either side it does not have CC fitted.

Gayle
12-29-2006, 07:19 PM
I went on vacation and totally missed this. Looking at this from the gender perspective, and as a chick, I can say this: You just have to love the way women can do stupid things and somehow it becomes the man's fault for not fixing it.

I feel incomplete here. The suspense is killing me. Did she figure out the problem? Did she give up and take it to the shop? Did she just go into Christmas denial and start baking Christmas cookies? Did Santa show her that she does have a cruise control? WTF happened? She gave up in digust cause you guys are all incompent.

And no "thank you"s to those of you who tried to help because you didn't solve the problem. That is poor form. I can understand her ignoring the knucke dragger posts requesting pics of her (you guys are bad), but why not post pictures of her electrical problem as people requested? Isn't that like adding a handicap by making ya work blind? "You guys have to help me, but I am not going to help you help me." ***Shakes head***No wonder you guys can't live with us but can't live without us.

And there is my social commentary for the day.

Jon K
12-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarf doopoopoopopooodoooooo!

Edit:

http://loituma.uw.hu/loituma.swf

Gayle
12-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarf doopoopoopopooodoooooo!

I am not sure if this signals agreement or disagreement. Maybe it is just a polite way of telling me to get a life.

Jehu
12-29-2006, 07:27 PM
http://urlcut.com/1aqmf

RichG
12-29-2006, 09:32 PM

WOW!!! That proves some people have WAY too much time on their hands.

I couldn't stop laughing though.

Jon K
12-29-2006, 09:34 PM
I am not sure if this signals agreement or disagreement. Maybe it is just a polite way of telling me to get a life.

Its just me randomizing it up.

Jon K
12-29-2006, 09:39 PM
WOW!!! That proves some people have WAY too much time on their hands.

I couldn't stop laughing though.

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOOOOOOOM

Is old.

But this is very new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91GXpXidNNw

Hey baby wake up from your asleep,
we have arrived onto the future and whole world is become electronic supersonic.
hey baby ride with me away we doesn't have much time my blue jeans is tight so onto my love rocket climb. Inside tank of fuel is not fuel, but love above us there is nothing above but the stars, above. All systems is gone

Now back on earth is time for down splash!

Blitzkrieg Bob
12-29-2006, 09:39 PM

now I am seeing badgers and snakes!!!......

Off to rehab

genphreak
12-30-2006, 10:37 AM
See what happens when you leave us be Gayle?

Disaster: Meanness, abuse and rudeness. I was on the verge of not helping or telling Viola to be less demanding but avoided the hassle. If you'd been about it'd all have been different :( and we may even have a solution by now instead of a strange kind of vacant bewilderment

Thanks for being the voice of reason and standing up for people like me in the down-trodden minority.... :D

Gayle
12-30-2006, 11:13 AM
See what happens when you leave us be Gayle?

Disaster: Meanness, abuse and rudeness. I was on the verge of not helping or telling Viola to be less demanding but avoided the hassle. If you'd been about it'd all have been different :( and we may even have a solution by now instead of a strange kind of vacant bewilderment

Thanks for being the voice of reason and standing up for people like me in the down-trodden minority.... :D

Thanks Nick. When I write stuff like this, I always wonder if people read it and go "huh?". Jon K and Jehu's post looked suspiciously like a "huh" response, so I appreciate it that you got it.

Upon further reflection on Viola, I have become convinced that if a woman says "help a girl out", it should be taken as a sign of impending trouble. "Help a girl out" is totally different than "please help me out".

winfred
12-30-2006, 12:43 PM
ooooo that's better then weee (http://www.threebrain.com/dailies2.php?daily=480) but is it as good as poopies (http://www.threebrain.com/dailies2.php?daily=483)

SharkmanBMW
12-30-2006, 03:32 PM
So what is the verdict here?
we never got pics of the car or her did we?!!

It would be nice to know what her real problem was....

or was this another Aussie just blowing smoke up our asses for a joke?!

Gayle
12-30-2006, 07:17 PM

That crossed my mind in the middle of the thread, but I don't think a guy could pull of that good an impersonation of a demanding female.

genphreak
12-30-2006, 07:34 PM
That crossed my mind in the middle of the thread, but I don't think a guy could pull of that good an impersonation of a demanding female.
.Yes. I apologies on behalf of my fellow Aussies for my country(wo)man's manners.

Our humour might be crass, but out intellect's seldom extend to humour taken to extents as much as this... :D Nick

Zeuk in Oz
12-30-2006, 07:40 PM

I'm with you Sharkman. I found this whole thread, especially including the porn links, very suspicious.

Apologies if I am on the wrong track, but must say I doubt it !

Gayle
12-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes. I apologies on behalf of my fellow Aussies for my country(wo)man's manners.

Our humour might be crass, but out intellect's seldom extend to humour taken to extents as much as this... :D Nick

Nick--Please make sure you invite Viola to the next get-together at MattyB's.

genphreak
12-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Nick--Please make sure you invite Viola to the next get-together at MattyB's.LOL! I just asked but she said she couldn't make it as we still haven't got the problem with her car fixed and she hasn't been able to drive it for weeks and its all our fault... :(

I guess I'll have to drive interstate with my toolkit and sort it out before she avoids paying our bill.

632 Regal
12-30-2006, 08:36 PM
porn links?

I'm with you Sharkman. I found this whole thread, especially including the porn links, very suspicious.

Gayle
12-30-2006, 09:10 PM

Bo--Did you find Jehu's badgers pornographic? Being a vet is really getting to you.

trumpetr
12-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Been watching this thread-

Methinks the lads of this forum have been yanked by the pizzle, by this person.

Gayle
12-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Been watching this thread-

Methinks the lads of this forum have been yanked by the pizzle, by this person.

Ya think?

trumpetr
12-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Ya think?

Ah-yup, I think!

Shades of fUKem5, without the phony euro literary accent. In place, its the 'wounded dove', with a wealth of understanding of the nuances of e34 electronics, yet helpless in the face of a litany of helpful and insightful responses to the persons problems. Yet, the wounded dove returns, crying at times, without providing requested pics of the car, or electroinic components that claim to vex.

Fishy....verrrrry verrry fishy.

Memo to those that have asked for a pic of 'her':
Ever give thought,,,that this could be a guy,, someone fekkin' with the board? Might be why ya never got a pic of 'her'.

Gayle
12-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Finally decided to check the profile. Yanked by the pizzle? "Cute as a button...cooks....hairdresser"

but there is a real looking email addy. Hey Aussies--is bigpond.com really an aussie service provider?

Viola (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/member.php?userid=7174)

But having been guilty myself of once having an alter ego here (geisha girl) I am always a bit too quick to be suspicious. There was someone posting as "Sexy Barb" that I was just convinced had to be one of the regulars up to no good, but she claimed to be legit.

trumpetr
12-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Finally decided to check the profile. Yanked by the pizzle? "Cute as a button...cooks....hairdresser"

but there is a real looking email addy. Hey Aussies--is bigpond.com really an aussie service provider?

Viola (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/member.php?userid=7174)

But having been guilty myself of once having an alter ego here (geisha girl) I am always a bit too quick to be suspicious. There was someone posting as "Sexy Barb" that I was just convinced had to be one of the regulars up to no good, but she claimed to be legit.

Got Gaydar?

632 Regal
12-30-2006, 11:55 PM
this is clearly the work of Greg in Sydney Australia...cant believe you didnt figure it out, I have been waiting for weeks... slackers. Gotta be a bimmer nugget tomorrow...if I remember

Merry new years everyones!

trumpetr
12-31-2006, 12:03 AM
this is clearly the work of Greg in Sydney Australia...cant believe you didnt figure it out, I have been waiting for weeks... slackers. Gotta be a bimmer nugget tomorrow...if I remember

Merry new years everyones!

Knew this was full of ****, didnt know who.

genphreak
12-31-2006, 01:17 AM
Finally decided to check the profile. Yanked by the pizzle? "Cute as a button...cooks....hairdresser" but there is a real looking email addy. Hey Aussies--is bigpond.com really an aussie service provider? Viola (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/member.php?userid=7174) But having been guilty myself of once having an alter ego here (geisha girl) I am always a bit too quick to be suspicious. There was someone posting as "Sexy Barb" that I was just convinced had to be one of the regulars up to no good, but she claimed to be legit.We have an ISP called Bigpond- it's one of our largest and something we also have cause to be internationally embarrased about.

However I for one was taken in if it were a hoax. If it were Greg I think I'd have guessed. But I'll agree that profile sure looks a bit fishy! Perhaps her dad owns a brewery and she'll come to our place with a pizza... :) Nick

632 Regal
12-31-2006, 01:18 AM
and beer plus a plane ticket for me!
Perhaps her dad owns a brewery and she'll come to our place with a pizza... :) Nick

Gayle
12-31-2006, 02:47 PM
this is clearly the work of Greg in Sydney Australia...cant believe you didnt figure it out, I have been waiting for weeks... slackers.

No I don't think it is Greg. Greg has a wife to keep him out of trouble.:) And her name is not Julieanne (email addy) or Viola.

So you have been waiting for weeks? You must have been on to it from the first "help a girl out fellas". Must be all your vast experience with women taught you to smell trouble early.

fukem5
12-31-2006, 06:15 PM
It was me, I thought it'd be fully sick. on another note I have returned from the secret Siberian M-division R&D plant

SharkmanBMW
12-31-2006, 06:42 PM
It was me, I thought it'd be fully sick. on another note I have returned from the secret Siberian M-division R&D plant

not you again, lol

That sig is very unnerving.... is that a dog bone in the pic?!
or...???

632 Regal
01-02-2007, 02:25 AM
its a pic of an uncircumcixed wish stick, if fukem5 really returns pm me te post and it's gondie.
not you again, lol

That sig is very unnerving.... is that a dog bone in the pic?!
or...???