PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck guys \m/(O.o)\m/

sirius_GTO
12-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Well... just ordered my lemforder upper control arms with the 750i/850i bushings and the Flennor tie rods! Wish me luck! I hope this fixes all my problems as long as I get my wheels balanced and aligned. Hopefully I don't need lower control arms.

What should I be looking at for installation costs?

THANKS!

\m/(O.o)\m/

-rock on!

632 Regal
12-14-2006, 11:33 PM
A case of beer and a few hours on a weekend should do it :D

What should I be looking at for installation costs?

sirius_GTO
12-14-2006, 11:43 PM
I know I know... I keep hearing how easy it is :(

But I don't have a heated garage and it's usually 15 degrees out side. :(

Btw, when you refer to the "nut" behind the wheel that could be causing my car to shake, where you referring to me? Or is there really a nut, on the other side of the steering wheel that could be loose. Sorry, I'm a moron. I'll admit that before hand.

swenpro
12-15-2006, 12:10 AM
when you refer to the "nut" behind the wheel that could be causing my car to shake, where you referring to me? Or is there really a nut, on the other side of the steering wheel that could be loose.

Ha ha ha ha! Thanks for the laugh :)... Use the search function on the forum, keywords like "nut behind wheel" should do. Didn't do anything for me, but worth a try, I guess.

Felixdacat
12-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Dude....Jeff refers to everybody as a steering wheel nut.

DO THE JOB YOURSELF. It will save you alot of money. You could always leave the car running while you work underneath. Warmth from engine. Just don't tighten the thrust arms at the bushings until you have full body weight of the car on them. Use ramps to help with this part.
Good Luck
Derek

sirius_GTO
12-15-2006, 12:37 AM
oh so there really isn't any nut behind the wheel besides me!? D'OH! Wtf!? lol

I'll see what happens. I'm asian... and can't stand the cold. It's suppose to be 45 degrees on monday when my part comes in (60 degrees on saturday! DAMN!) so I will give it a shot.

How much does wheel balancing/alignment cost? I'm guessing 80 bucks.

fujioko
12-15-2006, 06:13 AM
The nut behind the wheel actually refers to a nut on the steering column. A common source of slack in the steering. Certainly worth investigating. Do another search for “ Nut behind the wheel"

632 Regal
12-15-2006, 11:32 AM
bookmark this link: http://www.bimmernut.com/wwwboard/e34/si.html
I had about an inch steering wheel play before I tightened it.