PDA

View Full Version : Boot/trunk central locking gone bung

wingman
12-14-2006, 05:50 AM
I'm having some wierd issues and just saw this thread http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=24971&highlight=boot+lights in the 'search' page. It sounds kinda similar. My problem is that the central locking at the boot/trunk will lock okay but it sparodically wont unlock from the boot. This has coincided with the rear fog lights coming on when the boot is opened! I'm going to attack it tommorrrow to see what is up but if anyone has something I can aim straight at I'd appreciate it. I have my 4 year old tommorrow and Wiggles DVDs only play for so long...

mattyb
12-14-2006, 05:58 AM
mate i have had a similiar thing. it does not involve the brake lights but often the boot lock will lock itself. my keys are pretty stuffed and getting it to unlock and return to normal requires patience and the fine toch upon the key at the right time to the left to manually unlock again. Its only ever happended twice so ive not gone searching for the problem. each time though it seems to happen when i have lent my car to my brother for the day so maybe its a bm thing where somewierd machination of the lock/unlock process has occurred. you know when folks press all the buttons at once trying to work it out, thats all I can put it down to

wingman
12-14-2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks mate. When the thing is playing up whatever I do with the keys (primary and back-up factory keys) it wont work. Yet on some days it will work as it is supposed to. I'm thinking a short somewhere in the wiring which is also setting the fog lights off.