markus
12-13-2006, 09:09 PM
anyone do it?

632 Regal
12-13-2006, 09:38 PM
theres an adjustment???

swenpro
12-13-2006, 10:06 PM
The BMW Repair guide that can be downloaded here (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27988&highlight=bmw+service+manual) has a page about it, but I never took the time to really figure out all the stuff you can adjust. I just did the part where it says to turn the screw part of the cable (connecting to the throttle housing) to adjust so that there is just barely no tension in the cable at idle.

Dave M
12-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Sounds like the plastic threaded barrel adjusters on the M50. Simply there to take up slack as the cable stretches and reduce any delay in throttle response.

Sound like them?

BillionPa
12-14-2006, 01:44 AM
i did it. probably not the right way, but it sure as hell did the job!

i had the car running, turned the adjuster till the idle rpm varied, then turned it back till the idle was back to norm (plus a 1/8th turn of extra slack)

now the second i touch the throttle there is response.... which in retrospect (tonight specifically) makes it hard to get used to after driving a different car with "normal" throttle response.

also, i thought my brakes were "normal", but after driving the other car they seem really really really responsive and MUCH better at stopping the car.

remember to adjust the cruise control cable at the same time.