PDA

View Full Version : ETK questions(a bit long)

Paul in NZ
04-20-2004, 04:23 AM
Ok Jeff and did a deal and i have the 5 cd set of the tis etk ksd and the electrica trouble shooting discs.Jeff recomends that i run the various applications from the cds which makes perfect sense.However I have the sysadm installed from the etk disc and it always wants to install the whole etk(or whatever)Also i had the etk installed and punched in my chassis no but it did not seem to pick up the production date..I had ti enter that manually.Can i set my car as the "default" or do i have to fill in the settings every time i open etk?.Sorry for the long post

632 Regal
04-20-2004, 11:16 AM
*Bump* I'm going to learn along with you here OK?

MBXB
04-20-2004, 09:13 PM
I have to enter my VIN every time. It's the best way to pull up the relevant data for your particular model.
Ramon

Paul in NZ
04-21-2004, 06:09 PM
bump ;)

ryan roopnarine
04-21-2004, 07:20 PM
i don't think that you can set it to remember your car, because, after all, the ETK was not designed for personal use, and it would be of somewhat limited utility to a shop to keep a particular vin in memory for longer than it takes to find a part. i don't think that it automatically displays production date either. to find the vin produced one, you have to go to engine--vin specific i think. i think that the software automatically excludes parts that wouldn't fit based on prod date, or tells you specifically if there is a cutoff date.

SamB
04-21-2004, 07:37 PM
I have to put the VIN in each time, brings up all the correct info just no build date.

Where abouts in NZ are you?

Paul in NZ
04-22-2004, 04:47 AM
also have an 1989 535is