PDA

View Full Version : .002 cents versus .002 dollars....

Jon K
12-11-2006, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0HyxQv97Q

dunno if this is a repost but its ridiculous - i've been in situations like this and it's too much!

Listen to where the second manager says, "It's a matter of opinion".

I am going to tell that to the salesman when I buy my next car.

swenpro
12-11-2006, 01:44 PM
wow... people are... unbelievable

632 Regal
12-11-2006, 02:50 PM
welcome to the mentality of our new age...

mikell
12-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Give the guy points for patience - sound kinda like trying to explain daylight savings time to a cockroach.

indierthanthou
12-11-2006, 04:17 PM
makes me want to expatriate to a country that still barters. and also makes me want to throw my phone in the lake...again

Alexlind123
12-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Yea, the guy is very patient. It's amazing how incredibly stupid most people are. One thing i appreciate about this forum is that the level of intelligence seems to be higher than average, and its probably the reason i stick around.

Alexlind123
12-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Another reason to go with cingular :)

Zeuk in Oz
12-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Surely this is a set-up.

Does this company actually exist ?

If so, they have just received the most amazing amount of advertising - albeit bad advertising.

Jon K
12-11-2006, 10:45 PM
LOL I can assure you this is real, and yes "this company" exists... have you ever heard of Verizon!?

bigtisas
12-11-2006, 10:53 PM
As a non-native English speaker, I know I have problems with English. Apparently I am not alone.

Logically, 0.002 cents per MB is unbelievable cheap.

Alexlind123
12-11-2006, 10:55 PM
As a non-native English speaker, I know I have problems with English. Apparently I am not alone.

Logically, 0.002 cents per MB is unbelievable cheap.

Actually, thats .002 cents per kilobyte they quoted him.

CharlesAFerg
12-11-2006, 11:34 PM
lol, so good...
"I understand there is a difference."
Awesome Jon, that was great! :D

Jon K
12-12-2006, 01:50 AM
I explained this over the phone to my gf and she got it immediately - it's hilarious how stupid BILLING people are! I mean, ****, it's their damned job.

This is further proof that idiots just rely on computer system - being an MIS major I found this quote hilarious:

"Sir, the computer calculates the charge"

OOOH ****, my bad, the computer is calculating the charge - I am wrong, sorry for every doubting the computer. Only gods put equations into computers :)

Also, no offense to the females on the board, but that lady is the kind of manager that peeves me - assertive "I am right you are wrong" yet truly does not understand what she's saying. "How would you express half of a cent..." "Um..., point...zero...zero...z....z.ero...five?" Argh! I am amazed at how calm he was for 22+ mins.

632 Regal
12-12-2006, 06:06 AM
he should have pointed out that the bill should be 71 cents vs 71 dollars. or whatever the cost was.

I explained this over the phone to my gf and she got it immediately - it's hilarious how stupid BILLING people are! I mean, ****, it's their damned job.

This is further proof that idiots just rely on computer system - being an MIS major I found this quote hilarious:

"Sir, the computer calculates the charge"

OOOH ****, my bad, the computer is calculating the charge - I am wrong, sorry for every doubting the computer. Only gods put equations into computers :)

Also, no offense to the females on the board, but that lady is the kind of manager that peeves me - assertive "I am right you are wrong" yet truly does not understand what she's saying. "How would you express half of a cent..." "Um..., point...zero...zero...z....z.ero...five?" Argh! I am amazed at how calm he was for 22+ mins.