PDA

View Full Version : Doors unlocking by themselves

Monastie
12-11-2006, 07:34 AM
So, i lock my doors and when i come back theyre always unlocked....
it takes more than one minute to reunlock... realy weird :(

read on other threads that it could be because the trunk isnt locking, so i tried locking the car from the trunk, still doing it

and the trunk locks when i lock it from the front

help asap would be cool

danielhstout
12-11-2006, 10:12 AM
This has happened to me also but they unlock right away. So I lock the the car from the drivers door and half a second later the locks pop back up... Then I lock it again and they stay down WTF. Anyway try locking them twice. Not the answer but maybe a temporary solution.

fkong777
12-11-2006, 10:23 AM
driver door striker plate is worn out on the Immediate unlock problem.

indymand
12-11-2006, 12:58 PM
This has happened to me also but they unlock right away. So I lock the the car from the drivers door and half a second later the locks pop back up... Then I lock it again and they stay down WTF. Anyway try locking them twice. Not the answer but maybe a temporary solution.
my 95 530i was the same way but you can sometimes make a quick fix on your central locking system......this is the problem....try to adjust your truck lock to a different height,,,,make sure trunk is flush......worked on mine

CharlesAFerg
12-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Only time this happens to me is if i unlock the truck.

Unless I lock the trunk specifically, the rest of the locks will just open again after I lock them immadiately after I turn the key.

But, as I said, locking the truck with the key seems to solve it... NO idea.
:(

andmd
12-11-2006, 01:46 PM
This started happening to me after my driver's door lock actuator went south. I'm thinking maybe the car thinks a door is still open and so is unlocking the doors. Locking a second time keeps 'em down. Don't know why it would take more than a minute to unlock, though. When you lock, do all the doors (and the trunk) lock and then unlock?

Monastie
12-11-2006, 03:17 PM
ill try locking from both sides + trunk....
reaaaaly weird ****, i think my car is possessed lol

shogun
12-11-2006, 03:20 PM
The GM thinks one door is still unlocked, that is why the doors unlock again to show you. Later GM's were changed and do not unlock anymore.
http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/doorlock_microswitch/doorlock_microswitch.html

Monastie
12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
locking it from the passanger side worked...
wonder why it takes so much time to reunlock though