PDA

View Full Version : Bmw obc functions 15,16,17

vadim_braia
12-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Does anyone know what those functions are for ?? or what are they doing ?

Cheers

kev535i
12-11-2006, 01:44 AM
try here http://home.iae.nl/users/bts/obc.htm same puter as e34 i think

vadim_braia
12-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Thank s..... but i want to find what are the functions 15 16 17 mean , or what those hexa cod s means ?

shogun
12-11-2006, 02:18 AM
15: Diagnostic OBC values 1000/100 to up/down DIAG number, no manipulation,
Manipulation: no save
16:OBC input port values, depending on engine running or not, etc. 1000/100 to up/down PORT,
Manipulation: no save *3
17: Vehicle Specific Data, changing between car models

The speedometer in the instrument panel can be calibrated from the OBC. Function 10 is used for this.
Get a stopwatch and search for a flat, deserted highway with km or miles marks. Keep a constant speed of about 60 miles or 100 Km on the speedometer. Measure the time it requires to drive either 2 miles or 2 Km. The actual speed will be:

Actual Speed = Actual Distance (in miles or Km) / Time (in sec) / 0.36

New Correction Value = Old Correction Value * Actual Speed / Speedometer
or
New Correction Value = Old Correction Value * Speedometer / Actual Speed
Please let me know which one, I didn't check.

The average fuel consumption value can be calibrated from the OBC. Function 20 is used for this.
Fill the fuel tank to the maximum. Reset the day trip counter. Run the fuel tank nearly empty and fill the fuel tank again to the maximum. This will give you the fuel consumption.

New Correction Value = Old Correction Value * OBC Fuel consumption (in MPG or l/100Km) / Actual Fuel Consumption (in MPG or l/100Km)
or
New Correction Value = Old Correction Value * OBC Fuel consumption (in MPG or l/100Km) / Actual Fuel Consumption (in MPG or l/100Km)

*3 This value fluctuates between engine off and engine running with different rev's.

*4 Short description Full description
92 740IA "7-00 TYP", 1992, E32, 740IA, Left Hand Drive, Dutch/German Version
89 750ILA "7-01 TYP", 1989, E32, 750ILA, Left Hand Drive, US Version
89 735I "7-05 TYP", 1989, E32, 735I, Right Hand Drive

Functions 15, 16 and 17
Especially the functions 15, 16 and 17 are a bit cloudy at the moment. If enough people are interested, I can try to setup a small database with values related to things like: production date, OBC type, E32/E38, Engine type, transmission type, Left/Right hand drive, Stretched version, seat heaters (front/back) available, alarm, Compartment heaters (time switched by the OBC), luxury package, BMW software upgrade, etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------

This page is not 100% correct as I have said many times.

For example here
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26137&highlight=obc+codes

See above. If you want to discuss more in detail, welcome, but you must be a real expert.

vadim_braia
12-11-2006, 02:31 AM
15: Diagnostic OBC values 1000/100 to up/down DIAG number, no manipulation,
16:OBC input port values, depending on engine running or not, etc. 1000/100 to up/down PORT,
Manipulation: no save *3
17: Vehicle Specific Data, changing between car models

The speedometer in the instrument panel can be calibrated from the OBC. Function 10 is used for this.
Get a stopwatch and search for a flat, deserted highway with km or miles marks. Keep a constant speed of about 60 miles or 100 Km on the speedometer. Measure the time it requires to drive either 2 miles or 2 Km. The actual speed will be:

Actual Speed = Actual Distance (in miles or Km) / Time (in sec) / 0.36

New Correction Value = Old Correction Value * Actual Speed / Speedometer
or
New Correction Value = Old Correction Value * Speedometer / Actual Speed

The average fuel consumption value can be calibrated from the OBC. Function 20 is used for this.
Fill the fuel tank to the maximum. Reset the day trip counter. Run the fuel tank nearly empty and fill the fuel tank again to the maximum. This will give you the fuel consumption.

or

*3 This value fluctuates between engine off and engine running with different rev's.

*4 Short description Full description
92 740IA "7-00 TYP", 1992, E32, 740IA, Left Hand Drive, Dutch/German Version
89 750ILA "7-01 TYP", 1989, E32, 750ILA, Left Hand Drive, US Version
89 735I "7-05 TYP", 1989, E32, 735I, Right Hand Drive

Functions 15, 16 and 17
Especially the functions 15, 16 and 17 are a bit cloudy at the moment. If enough people are interested, I can try to setup a small database with values related to things like: production date, OBC type, E32/E38, Engine type, transmission type, Left/Right hand drive, Stretched version, seat heaters (front/back) available, alarm, Compartment heaters (time switched by the OBC), luxury package, BMW software upgrade, etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------

This page is not 100% correct as I have said many times.

For example here
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=26137&highlight=obc+codes

See above. If you want to discuss more in detail, welcome, but you must be a real expert.
Thank s Shogun :D