PDA

View Full Version : trans prog saga

angrypancake
12-10-2006, 11:47 AM
So last night I met up with Jasen (Sajen) in the city and we hopped in my dirty ass car and drove over to Astoria, Queens. Met this guy named George who had put his 525 on craigslist. seemed like a good deal, it has an mtech kit on it, new black interior, 175k miles and a trans prog error, only drove in 1 and 2, sometimes you could force it into 3. We figured if we could get it into 3 it would be an easy cruise back to Manhattan, and from there up to my house, which is 63 miles away.

We get out there and check the car out, it's not bad, definitely a sweet parts car. Hop in and let it warm up for a little bit, take it for a drive, its ok its ok its ok BAM trans prog.

Thing is, there's no limp mode. It just wont go. Turned the car off, let it reset, tried driving it in S3 mode. didn't work. ****. We ended up buying the car anyways. It worked "just fine" in D1, so screw it. It took a while to get back (I got us lost, lol) and it was a good thing the speed limit on the Triborough bridge was 40mph. 40mph = 5500rpm or thereabouts.

The question becomes, is there a way to fool the trans computer into limp mode? I would love to force it into being stuck in S3 mode so I could drive it home and manage to get over 40mph.

angrypancake
12-10-2006, 09:53 PM
bump so it doesn't fall off the first page and for the night crew

BillionPa
12-10-2006, 10:26 PM
well, if the solenoid that puts it into that gear is toast, then you aint getting it there.

94530inh
12-11-2006, 12:11 AM
yeah. it wont go into third in limp mode because it wont get into third.... i gotta figure out how to get mine out of limp mode lol

but if you feel like trying it maybe disconnect your speeed sensor.