PDA

View Full Version : :: Vogtland on Bilstein HDs nine months later...

Qube
12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Bored so posting for general interest.

Pre-install and post install pictures: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=18699&highlight=vogtland

That was nine months ago. Now, this is what it looks like... bumps are getting on my nerves now so I'll be putting in the yellow Konis next year.

632 Regal
12-09-2006, 04:35 PM
looks like it dropped another inch from the initial switch.

Denton
12-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Hmmm...I had thought people were happy with Vogtlands...

I guess when the time comes I'll just do H&R Sport with Bilstein Sports.

Qube
12-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Hmmm...I had thought people were happy with Vogtlands...

I guess when the time comes I'll just do H&R Sport with Bilstein Sports.

Oh, I'm happy. It's the struts that I'm not happy with :)

Anton CH.
12-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Looking good, I like the drop! How much travel is there left in the suspension?

Denton
12-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh, I'm happy. It's the struts that I'm not happy with :)

Ahh, don't know why that flew over my head! :D

Were you considering Billie Sports at all or just going straight for the Konis?

fkong777
12-09-2006, 06:29 PM
bilstein HD ride is BAD.. on my 525i I returned them at got OEM struts

Qube
12-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Ahh, don't know why that flew over my head! :D

Were you considering Billie Sports at all or just going straight for the Konis?

I have Koni adjustables (yellow) sitting on hand. I opened them last week and found two were leaking (already) lol and just returned the entire lot for warranty. They mailed it back out via FedEx so I have all fresh ones waiting. Considering I got them for nearly nothing, I'm not going to ponder Billie sports or Konis :)

My theory is once my stockpile of parts is depleted, it's time to sell the car.

BillionPa
12-09-2006, 10:15 PM
im happy so far with my HDs and eibachs, also about 9 months on em. my drop is not anywhere as near as yours is.

Jon K
12-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I have Koni adjustables (yellow) sitting on hand. I opened them last week and found two were leaking (already) lol and just returned the entire lot for warranty. They mailed it back out via FedEx so I have all fresh ones waiting. Considering I got them for nearly nothing, I'm not going to ponder Billie sports or Konis :)

My theory is once my stockpile of parts is depleted, it's time to sell the car.

LOL thats a good sign - they must have been sitting on their sides. STORE SHOCKS IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION!

The reason your car dumped itself if because the HDs do not have the travel that the Sports have.

Qube
12-10-2006, 01:36 AM
LOL thats a good sign - they must have been sitting on their sides. STORE SHOCKS IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION!

The reason your car dumped itself if because the HDs do not have the travel that the Sports have.

Upright? Bah. I'll do that now :)

On the other hand, I didn't put much faith in the HDs to handle the drop the Vogtlands want. Expected. Wonder if I can get them to warrant them. Next year then.