PDA

View Full Version : since i bought the car frnt right window switch operates backwards...

Boone.Msi
12-09-2006, 11:13 AM
so today i finally get around to trying to fix it. I easily removed the switches, disconected the wiring harness, looked around for a quick fix.

bu it looks like the only way to fix it is by popping the lid off the wiring harness and switching the green and grey wire(up and down lead i suppose). The only problem is, i cant get that damn female conector out of the plastic harness. Is there a tool or way to do this. It seems like my only way of doing it without breaking it is to cut the wires and crimp them to the opposite conectors(with butt conector) help me out guys.

Rigmaster
12-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Maybe it's switched at the window motor (in the door)????

I'd be more inclined to switch the wires there anyway- unless you've got some sort of indication that they're switched at the switch.

Bret.

Boone.Msi
12-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Ok Fixed. The wires where switched. I dont know how that happend, maybe your right about the window motor, becuase i know bmw wouldnt install it backwards and then be like "oh fck we did it backwards, oh well"

I ended up having to splice and reconect the wires, i couldnt get the damn female connector out and i didnt want to break it. but oh well it works now.:D