PDA

View Full Version : Control Arm Replacment (help!)

525ihelm
04-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Gentlemen:
I am going to try to replace my Control arms this weekend. I have a 525i m 91 and just purchased steel lemforders from BMA to replace my aluminium control arms. I have read everything on this site, have a Bentley and reviewed Bruno's site.
My only question is:
Should one replace all the nuts and bolts and washers too? Should the bushing bolt washers and self tightning nut be replaced? Should the three bolts holding the "steering" plate that mates to the strut be replaced? Bently suggest the steering tie-rod arm is to be disconnected, is that necessary?
You advice would be most appreciated.
Best regards,
Helm

632 Regal
04-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi Helm,
It wouldnt be a bad idea to replace everything but for sure the self locking nuts. The 3 bolts are optional but I would if redily available.
I did the thrust arms in mine and didnt remove the tie rod, might have to for clearance if replacing both.
Good luck!
Jeff

525ihelm
04-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Hi Helm,
It wouldnt be a bad idea to replace everything but for sure the self locking nuts. The 3 bolts are optional but I would if redily available.
I did the thrust arms in mine and didnt remove the tie rod, might have to for clearance if replacing both.
Good luck!
Jeff

Thank you for the "Welcome", but keep forgetting my password so have to re-subscribe for about the third time!