PDA

View Full Version : No longer an e34 owner

Scott E
12-05-2006, 04:33 PM
After over a year and half of letting my e34 sit in the driveway I finally gave it to a friend who is going to fix the headgasket.

I replace it with a 2006 Mustang GT while no BMW is still an impressive and fun car in it own right.

None the less it was sad to see my e34 go..

Scott E

TC535i
12-05-2006, 04:43 PM
After over a year and half of letting my e34 sit in the driveway I finally gave it to a friend who is going to fix the headgasket.

I replace it with a 2006 Mustang GT while no BMW is still an impressive and fun car in it own right.

None the less it was sad to see my e34 go..

Scott E

Man... almost as long as my 535i has been sitting around.

I too caved and bought a V8 car... but at least I stayed in the E34 family! :D

Coming to Bimmerfest this year??

Scott E
12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
My brother and his wife bought a 2003 325i recently.

But I think the stang would be more fun and distinctive...

Digita1 Ecstasy
12-05-2006, 05:54 PM
damn is that a viper

I'd never buy a mustang, and hate how the new ones look but damn does the AC work swell. I think the vents are placed really nicely.

Working car > not working car

hope you like it

CharlesAFerg
12-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Not really a fan, but have fun with it. I think I little **** I knew who got it (A Red '06 Mustang GT)for free from his daddy ruined it for me.

Maybe I'm too busy lolling at the racing stripes.

damn is that a viper

...?

Scott E
12-05-2006, 06:16 PM
The stripes make it go faster.. :)

Milkboot
12-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Atleast you went with the V8, that is about as far as i would go to say distictive :P cause everybody usually gets the V6 and still want to call it a Mustang :P :P But you can never go wrong with the Blue and White colors maybe that was left over subliminally from the BMW ;) [Thinking roundel colors]

Scott E
12-05-2006, 06:54 PM
I had to have the V8 and a leather interior. V6 + cloth = No friggin way.
In fact the door panel inserts are styled like the e34.

The stang has "Seat of pants" feel where the BMW is powerful and very precise. Anytime I find a deficiency in comparing it to a BMW my answer is "It isnt that kind of car"

Atleast you went with the V8, that is about as far as i would go to say distictive :P cause everybody usually gets the V6 and still want to call it a Mustang :P :P But you can never go wrong with the Blue and White colors maybe that was left over subliminally from the BMW ;) [Thinking roundel colors]

bimmerd00d
12-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Not bad at all. I've had a rental 6cyl convertible one, and they're built quite a bit better than the older ones. They feel pretty solid in comparison to most things built today. Put some decent cat-back on there, some sway bars, and a strut brace and they're supposed to hold their own at the track. Kudos to the new car, but im sure you'll come back to the dark side at some point.;) See you at bimmerfest.

Scott E
12-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Here is a better picture of the car. Behind the car is the Reagan Memorial Muesuem.

gamjohn2
12-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Here is a better picture of the car. Behind the car is the Reagan Memorial Muesuem.

Do you live in Ventura County?? Or am I confusing the Reagan Memorial Museum with the Reagan Library?? I am in "the OX."

gamjohn2

Scott E
12-09-2006, 11:11 PM
I grew up in Ventura and now live in Simi Valley

What the hell is up with the rain this evening? lol

Do you live in Ventura County?? Or am I confusing the Reagan Memorial Museum with the Reagan Library?? I am in "the OX."

gamjohn2

fujioko
12-10-2006, 08:39 AM
This might be an interesting bit of info….

I visit the Flat Rock assembly plant every few months. The Flat Rock plant is where the new Mustang and the Mazda6 are assembled. They build the ‘Stang and the Mazda on the same assembly line. Typically you’ll see a few ‘stangs roll down the line then a Mazda. So weird. Evidently they are able to keep the parts from getting mixed up.

A V8 ‘stang has an American engine, however the V6 stang uses an engine built in Conone Germany.

Anyway the assembly plant is neat and organized. Ford Motor company now owns the controlling interest in the plant. The plant is actually called AutoAlliance International.. Sort of a hybrid joint venture that is becoming common in the US.

The Mustang is still American made and is assembled about 30 miles from Dearborn Michigan.

Russell
12-10-2006, 08:50 AM
had a 70 mustang deluxe fastback that color with 351 cleveland engine and Holley 750 carb, posi-traction, competition suspension with trans-am front spoiler, boss 302 wheels and tires. It would fly! Loved it. But 8-10 mpg in town killed it for me. Sold it for my first BMW, a 2002, 4-speed, many years ago.

However, my next BMW, may be 1 2003 e39. Looking at the idea of a 530i sport automatic. 540i sport automatic is a possibility, However I am really concrned about previous owners lack of "real" maintenance with BMW's oil changes every 15,000 miles etc. Scares me.

rickm
12-10-2006, 11:08 AM
However, my next BMW, may be 1 2003 e39. Looking at the idea of a 530i sport automatic. 540i sport automatic is a possibility, However I am really concrned about previous owners lack of "real" maintenance with BMW's oil changes every 15,000 miles etc. Scares me.

I looked at a 2002 540. Not bad but the interior and trunk seem much smaller than my E34. I need space to fit the family in, esp for our frequent road trips. Might end up in a 7 series.

TC535i
12-10-2006, 03:01 PM

Have you looked into relocating that antenna and getting the hole filled? I think it would look MUCH better if you could get rid of that thing...