PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather Intermittent Check Engine

saj3n
12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
For the past couple of weeks as its been getting colder over here in Philadelphia, after starting the car, and driving a short distance and stopping at a light, the Check Engine Light would be displayed, but after accelerating it would go away. This was the case until today. The light did again come on at a stop, but when accelerating, it stumbled, and then rolls normally, however, the CEL stays on. I also found it odd that earlier this morning when moving my car into a better parking spot, the Coolant Level indicator popped up. I filled, and later drove and received the problem. The stomp test doesn't work on my car. I've tried dozens of times before, even today. I'm not sure what the reason for this is, but was looking for some insight before dropping off at the indy later this afternoon.

632 Regal
12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
intake gaskets, front & rear plate/gaskets.

saj3n
12-04-2006, 01:26 PM
thanks, I figured as much frm the other threads out there. I know I did have all of these done before when I did the Alusil upgrade....

saj3n
12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks Jeff, Intake Gasket replaced.... Also, as an FYI, The codes read showed and intake leak and 02 sensors. Advise to anyone else, do the gaskets first.

bbig119
12-07-2006, 05:24 AM
I take it, that the gaskets fixed your problem? Mine are en route and hopefully I'll find some time to get them in sooner rather than later-- its only getting colder and the car will only be more of a PITA to start and drive until its fixed.

saj3n
12-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Yea, the gaskets fixed the problem. I wish I had the time to do them myself, I'm sure I would've saved some $$$. But with it being 20-30 degrees out, and no garage to work in, I figured it was worth having it done at the shop.

bbig119
12-07-2006, 08:30 AM
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the shop charge to have it done?

It might help me feel alot better while I'm outside in the cold cursing up a storm trying to do it myself..:)

saj3n
12-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Haha, well, they did diagnostics $75, which checked 02 sensors and all, and parts/labor... with Tax it came up to $296... A little steep, but since I didn't feel like ordering/waiting on the parts, taking the train back and forth to school/work for 3-4 days, then working in the 20-30 degree weather fixing it... Yea, that was the choice for me.