PDA

View Full Version : Re: Slightly ackward idle issue

ber55ber55
12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
So i ended up picking my oil pressure light problem by just playing with the sensor a little bit. The light is gone now. My oil leak has improved since i poured in a engine sealer, and the tranny noise has disappeared. So this weekend I finally finished my interior and doing all my little stuff on the car. I cleaned the battery terminals and put some belt dressing on the belts from the bottom. The belt dressing is ment to just condition the belts so they last a little longer and dont squeel and stuff. Anyway, since i did that now though, the idle is kinda acting up. Maybe its a seperate issue.

The car usually idles around 900, which i assume is half normal. Now though, when i hit the gas or am driving and then stop at a light, the car holds the rpms around 1400k for about 5 seconds and then drops back to its normal 900. This is without a/c or anything in the car running. I already checked for an intake leak and i replaced the intake manifold gasket about 10k miles ago. SO what could it be? Is it the belt dressing maybe (causing something to slip a little now so the engien is countering by turning up rpms)? Leak? MAF? Thanks guys

colo525i
12-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Clean out the ICV and throttle body, those would be the first places i'd check.