PDA

View Full Version : Rotor replacement

ElNormo
12-04-2006, 09:42 AM
I swapped out rear brake pads a few weeks ago. Now it's time to do front pads & all four rotors. I should have done rear rotors at the time! They didn't look worn, but they failed inspection.

I've got everything ready to order from BMA. Are there any pitfalls I should know about? The rear pads were pretty simple, and I see I was one step away from replacing rotors when I was there. Are the front pads any more challenging?

Thanks

Norman

Bill R.
12-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I swapped out rear brake pads a few weeks ago. Now it's time to do front pads & all four rotors. I should have done rear rotors at the time! They didn't look worn, but they failed inspection.

I've got everything ready to order from BMA. Are there any pitfalls I should know about? The rear pads were pretty simple, and I see I was one step away from replacing rotors when I was there. Are the front pads any more challenging?

Thanks

Norman

BillionPa
12-04-2006, 03:24 PM
be sure to bleed the brakes fully if you havent done it in over a year. do a partial bleed before changing the pads (4 pumps per caliper should do it) then full bleed the system after changing them.

KenB
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
What is the purpose of partial bleeding before changing pads? Curious-