PDA

View Full Version : Question: OBC

Drooby
04-19-2004, 02:43 AM
Just something I noticed:
My On Board computer doesnt have any lights on the buttons , only the little screen lights up , but in the dark its hard to see the buttons !!
Not only this , the three dials ( left/right temperature and fan speed) dont light up either .............. is this a fuse problem or did BMW just forget this?

JohnC
04-19-2004, 02:55 AM
your bulbs or something is out because they do light up.

Drooby
04-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Do you think it could be a fuse ,
Its very unlikely that ALL these bulbs would go out at once

Did I mentionthat all other bulbs are ok (even the ones onthe 3 sliders for vent control work), just this section isnt working(temp dials , fan speed,OBC) dont work.

Anyone Have a fuse diagram?

Warren N.CA
04-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Remove the OBC per Bentley and replace the bulbs.

Just something I noticed:
My On Board computer doesnt have any lights on the buttons , only the little screen lights up , but in the dark its hard to see the buttons !!
Not only this , the three dials ( left/right temperature and fan speed) dont light up either .............. is this a fuse problem or did BMW just forget this?

Drooby
04-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Remove the OBC per Bentley and replace the bulbs.
Dont Have Bentley's , Can you please post ?

thanks

KurtM
04-19-2004, 04:35 PM
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/panel_lights.htm

Kurt
95 525ia

Drooby
04-19-2004, 06:02 PM
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/panel_lights.htm

Kurt
95 525ia

thanks, i'll try it today ! (if the rain stops)

Drooby
04-20-2004, 01:28 AM
Went to the dealer to get the bulbs ,
>>>Man sometimes I think , they dont know what their doing over there!!

First they told me that the OBC takes 4 bulbs , I said that I knew it took only 3 ( from the forum) any way , i got the 4 just in case ,
NEXT , they said the cluster panel had one bulb THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE SPECIAL ORDERED !!!!!
I said wow , you are the only dealer in a 300 mile radius you should have all the parts , but they could only say that this is a difficult part and it would only be available in 4 days if i ordered it

to make a long story short , after opening the cluster , turned out the OBC only took 3 bulbs .........AND THE ONES THEY GAVE ME WERENT THE RIGHT ONES , they fit inside but were a diiferent volt and ampere!!
just for curiousity I opened up the panel and followed the instructions on Bruno's site to get to the other bulb .....
when i saw it , i knew i could find it somewhere , so just as a long shot < I called Autozone and they had it !!!
NOW everything looks great in the dark !!! first time for me to see colors in the dark in my beemer !!!
I noticed another thing though , the A/M switch next to the automatic shifter doesnt light up , is it suppose to be this way or .........................????

thanks for all your help !!