PDA

View Full Version : Help with part number

dolfan13
12-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Climate control cabin temp sensor fan .I did a search and it has been talked about a little but did see much.Its the little fan behind the climate setting knobs.Mine is buzzing and getting on my nerves.The dealer wants 275.00 which sounds way to high to me. Can someone send me in the right direction with a part number and best price?Thanks.Oh yea its a 95 525i.

Rigmaster
12-03-2006, 09:01 PM
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD63&mospid=47404&btnr=64_0566&hg=64&fg=20

#4 in the above link, looks like #67328361479

I've got a used one if you want- guaranteed not noisy.... :)

Bret.

winfred
12-03-2006, 09:06 PM
it can probably be fixed, usually it's some is out of place and rubbing on the blade and sometimes you just need to play with the motor a little to get the shaft riding right again, the panel comes out fairly easy, you do need to get the ac switch out to reach the latch though and that can be a little tricky without gouging up the switch, a sharp pick or thin prying blade at the bottom (bottom damage is less visible) of the switch pops it out and you can get a finger in to hit the release, the unit will swing out but don't force it because the cables won't let you get too far, pinch the colored parts to remove the mounted part of the cable and pivot the unit out to reach the loop ends slot where it can lift off the stud, the rest of the connections are fairly straight forward

dolfan13
12-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks Ill try to fix it.I blew the dust out when putting a new stereo in.Was only buzzing sometimes.I will try to get it out without removing stereo but the climate cables are so tight and hard to get back in there holding clips.

winfred
12-03-2006, 09:18 PM
don't need to remove the radio unless someone really screwed with the cables, it usually comes out enough to pinch the clips and release the hard mounted control unit ends of the cables

shogun
12-03-2006, 09:45 PM
If you want to put in new bulbs on that occassion...
http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan//IHKA_lights/IHKA_lights.html