PDA

View Full Version : Headunit stuck....help please

Jake Casson
12-03-2006, 06:47 AM
My kenwood is stuck in the dash after playing around with my sub, thing is there is a loose connection with one wire which results in it not working. Therefore i must get the stereo out to sort it but its stuck, any ideas please...? Thanks.

clhorton
12-03-2006, 07:01 AM
Are you unable to locate the key for the head unit?

My kenwood is stuck in the dash after playing around with my sub, thing is there is a loose connection with one wire which results in it not working. Therefore i must get the stereo out to sort it but its stuck, any ideas please...? Thanks.

Jake Casson
12-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Dont need a key do I? After market kenwood unit?

DaveVoorhis
12-03-2006, 07:44 AM
My last Kenwood came with a pair of flat metal keys that slid into slots on either side of the head. Without those, forget it.

brosher
12-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Pretty much every aftermarket HU works that way. If you don't have them go to your local audio installer and they will be able to pop it out for you. You can ussually find the keys on ebay as well.

Jake Casson
12-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks alot guys, really didnt know they had keys. Will pop somewhere to sort

Fetch
12-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Also, if you understand the way the keys work you can fab up your own pretty easily. I had to do this for my missing pioneer keys. Dremel + plastic cd cover = win.

Rus
12-03-2006, 12:38 PM
The "keys" are usually just thin flat pieces of metal that slide in and depress small retaining tabs on the installation cage. Some are made with small hooks so that you can pull out the unit with them, but the unlocking principle is the same. Like mentioned before, most any audio shop will be able to sell you replacement tools. HTH