PDA

View Full Version : This is some BS!!!

///M-Power 3\\\
11-30-2006, 11:14 PM
So this is the situation ... I lived with my father. Both parents were homeowners but my mother lives somewhere else and had my father evicted so the house could get sold. Now it's just me here, and i have ALOT of cars, making the parking a lil tricky (trying to cut down) so when the sherriffs came to evict my dad one of them hit one of my 5's on the way out, backed right into it. Can i do anything about it? I came home and was so mad. Cops are *******s

angrypancake
11-30-2006, 11:22 PM
take a lot of pictures and file a complaint. oh and call me, i'm gonna be in Queens on Sunday.

Fetch
12-01-2006, 12:33 AM
are you fricken serious!!?!?!?
FILE A WHATEVER YOU NEED TO FILE TO FIX THIS
cops can not get away with anything.

Traian
12-01-2006, 01:38 AM
Nasty! How many witnesses saw it happen?

Chris'91'525i
12-01-2006, 02:27 AM
That's total BS !!!
They left with no notice of fault ?

Here it would be felony hit and run ....... Serious ****.......

I'm sure you will get compensation for the damage........Good luck !!

Yiorgos
12-01-2006, 02:59 AM
Leaving the scene of an accident is illegal in most countries in the world. That policeman just broke one of the many laws he has been hired to uphold in society.

Do whatever it takes to see this put right.

Gayle
12-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Having a cop hit and run your car sucks. I never have a lot of faith in the justice system so I hope it works out for you.

When I read you post, the craziness swirling around your parents and descending on you troubles me. I hope your living situation turns out ok. If you mom went to that extent to get your dad out, I would expect her to be pressuring you to get the cars out too. A used car lot passing for a residence ususally doesn't impress home buyers. Good luck.

///M-Power 3\\\
12-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Well, luckily my neighbors are pretty cool, at one point I had 11 cars here :D
As far as the officer that hit my car, i am going to have a hard time proving who it was because they brought 3 cars. Don't worry though, i'll get them even if it means doing a little investigation of the vehicles in their parking lot

Gayle
12-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Well, luckily my neighbors are pretty cool, at one point I had 11 cars here :D

Time to learn how to "just say no" to cars. I have never seen a car I didn't like, so I understand. But 11! With 11, I think that may make you the person at bimmer.info with the most cars.

How many cars do you own? (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=23016)

Rigmaster may have more than 11, but his situation is different. He has a farm to raise them on.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/rustfarm1Small.jpg

Rigmaster
12-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Time to learn how to "just say no" to cars. I have never seen a car I didn't like, so I understand. But 11! With 11, I think that may make you the person at bimmer.info with the most cars.

How many cars do you own? (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=23016)

Rigmaster may have more than 11, but his situation is different. He has a farm to raise them on.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/rustfarm1Small.jpg

HEY!!

I resemble that remark.... ;)

I'm trying to cut down, really. I've been crushing a bunch of cars in the past few weeks, and trying to limit what I bring home. But even out here in the country, the county zoning folks have been on my case a little bit.

That said- I *did* buy an E36M3 parts car only yesterday...... :)

Bret.

angrypancake
12-01-2006, 12:28 PM
touring swap ftw!

///M-Power 3\\\
12-01-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm so jealous..... don't be suprised when i show up at your door with a suitcase and car-carrier filled with parts cars lol. where are you anyway? Cosidering that the average cost of a house where I live is over one million, and that's not even for something nice i think i've been pretty lucky. I've been doing this a few years now. I always buy cars in pairs, one thatneeds a tranny for example, and then one with a good tranny thats hit. The money from parting the donor usually just about covers the cost of the good car and then I have free cars to use for a few months and sell. As of today i am down to 5 cars here, a 525i, a 325is, a 328is, a 535i and a 745i but soon our '72 Bavaria project is gonna roll in :)

HEY!!

I resemble that remark.... ;)

I'm trying to cut down, really. I've been crushing a bunch of cars in the past few weeks, and trying to limit what I bring home. But even out here in the country, the county zoning folks have been on my case a little bit.

That said- I *did* buy an E36M3 parts car only yesterday...... :)

Bret.

Rigmaster
12-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm so jealous..... don't be suprised when i show up at your door with a suitcase and car-carrier filled with parts cars lol. where are you anyway? Cosidering that the average cost of a house where I live is over one million, and that's not even for something nice i think i've been pretty lucky. I've been doing this a few years now. I always buy cars in pairs, one thatneeds a tranny for example, and then one with a good tranny thats hit. The money from parting the donor usually just about covers the cost of the good car and then I have free cars to use for a few months and sell. As of today i am down to 5 cars here, a 525i, a 325is, a 328is, a 535i and a 745i but soon our '72 Bavaria project is gonna roll in :)

I'm in NC, in the (former) countryside just outside of Raleigh. We are quickly being surrounded by subdivisions filled with houses in the 125-175k range, sort of like a giant cookie-cutter that cranks out houses. It kinda sucks, but that's the way it is.

I'm just waiting for the day we start getting complaints about the cows and their smells, noises, whatever. I may have to go completely postal on someone.

I like your car purchasing philosophy- I try to follow it too, sort of- problem is, I end up with a bunch of 1/2 finished project cars that often end up just getting parted out..........

BTW- where are you?

Bret.