PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a spare gearbox.... in Oz

Mewsy
11-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Well after my auto box whined for two days, it now is slipping in all gears. Have it booked in with a reliable gearbox mechanic on Monday, but my mechanic has advised that the car is getting on, and I should look at upgrading. So If I need the gearbox replaced, does anyone have a spare 4spd lying around in Australia???? 1989 M20 4sp, does not have the electronic switch select.:(

Don't really want to sell the car, but don't want to keep shelling out 4 repairs either. May part off some stuff like the wheels etc so I'll post them here first.

mattyb
11-30-2006, 11:26 PM
sorry mate cant here. had mine rebuilt just a few months ago. what was the quote for the rebuild? The thing about these cars is once you spend the money they are fine for a long time, another 250k or so and think the cost is relative to what newer cars cost to run anway. Be a shame to part it but if you do we would all love to have first puick here. What kind of wheels and ruubber?

best of luck!

rob101
12-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Where are you located? there are, contrary to common belief tons of quality wreckers out there for bmws who aren't rip off merchants (cough ASV cough)