PDA

View Full Version : Americans i need a rad pressure tester adapter

rob101
11-30-2006, 04:43 PM
hello american people, I am looking to get an adapter for using a pressure tester on the cooling system of my m50. I got a price from Baum tools wihch was $58 USD plus shipping which seems alot. Are there any other good places i can get them off who deal internationally. I am not even going to bother looking around here (in Australia), as I do not really feel the urge to go talk to clowns.

ryan roopnarine
11-30-2006, 05:19 PM
those aren't cheap. 58 usd sounds a little excessive, but i might expect to pay that much from a retail store in the us. then again, i'm not bill or winfred, don't have the sources that others may.

rob101
11-30-2006, 08:49 PM
bum p

winfred
11-30-2006, 09:15 PM
i think i paid that or more for mine those little ****ers are ungodly expensive, most will be from ast tools

Chris'91'525i
11-30-2006, 10:41 PM
hello american people, I am looking to get an adapter for using a pressure tester on the cooling system of my m50. I got a price from Baum tools wihch was $58 USD plus shipping which seems alot. Are there any other good places i can get them off who deal internationally. I am not even going to bother looking around here (in Australia), as I do not really feel the urge to go talk to clowns.

The BMW adapter (#12030) for my Stant pressure tester cost nearly as much as the complete standard (#12270) Stant pressure tester kit.
I got one on eBay a few years ago for about $20.
The Stant BMW radiator adapter is a nice piece of work. Threading the adapter to match the BMW Rad. cap I'm sure makes it one of the more costly adapters to make.
I don't know if it's possible to adapt a regular Rad. cap for the pressure tester. It might be feasible for personable use. But if your a pro working on BMW's definitely go with the Stant products all the way. Or similar pro tools...

BMWCCA1
11-30-2006, 11:35 PM
The BMW adapter (#12030) for my Stant pressure tester cost nearly as much as the complete standard (#12270) Stant pressure tester kit.... But if your a pro working on BMW's definitely go with the Stant products all the way. Or similar pro tools...Does the adapter just allow you to pressure test the system or also to test the cap? I have the basic Stant kit already. Thanks.

rob101
12-01-2006, 01:58 AM
I have a tester i can use i just need the adapter for the reservior not the cap

Chris'91'525i
12-01-2006, 02:22 AM
Does the adapter just allow you to pressure test the system or also to test the cap? I have the basic Stant kit already. Thanks.

Yes, you can pressure test the Rad. cap as well as the radiator and the rest of the cooling system with the Stant #12030 BMW adapter.

winfred
12-01-2006, 08:25 AM
the cap needs it's own tester, another $60-70 chunk of cnc machined aluminum cramed up your ass by the tool guy