PDA

View Full Version : E34 V12 drifter...

JerseySi
11-29-2006, 10:48 AM
This was posted on another forum I'm on - bit of a mish-mash of parts, but I'd still love a go!

an e34 drift car ...not that strange you might think but check this spec list ;)

body 520i non sunroof very rare
engine from 750i bmw (thanks to zoom motor sport)
turbo transit clutch (Van)
3.3 nissan patrol gearbox (4X4)
live axle from toyota hiace (van)
rear mounted rad
weight 1280kg at first but getting lighter
this video was done on 11 cylinders
since then has gone down to 10 turned out tappets are pumping up solid tappets being made at the moment
sitting at home also is a vortech supercharger for the car will be going on over winter hope to run 450 to 500 horspower

the engine was one that my friend actually saved from being thrown away and then his employer kindly donated it to walton(the guy who owns, built and drives the e34)

hes a 20year old dude so despite this car looking a little bit ropey in the video its actually pretty impressive, car looks much better painted now
The vid:
http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=2113530597

Dave M
11-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Link ain't woring for me. OK though, I'm all drifted out.

TC535i
11-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Pretty good video actually. Thanks!

DaveVoorhis
11-29-2006, 05:34 PM
body 520i non sunroof very rare
Rare? RARE? Too bloody common, I'd say.

Antrieb
11-29-2006, 05:38 PM
I've never seen one :dunno

winfred
11-29-2006, 08:22 PM
nice ghetto ass throttle linkage and intakes, ****er can drive though not sure what the point of more power would be, seems to do just fine for the purpose it's being used for

Incantation
11-29-2006, 09:07 PM
i didn't realize there is so much room in there for a v12

winfred
11-29-2006, 11:19 PM
from the firewall forward it's the same car as a e32, direct bolt in with the most annoying parts being you need to decide how to do the brakes, hydro boost in the stock location or build up the remote vacuum boost system from a v8 car, and you may need to move the abs pump to under the left headlight (where it is on a 750)

i didn't realize there is so much room in there for a v12

Nick.Hay
11-29-2006, 11:29 PM
It could really be something if he tidyied it up a bit and got rid of that oh-so-****ing-gay rear wing!!

Some better resolution footage would be nice too...

ricola
11-30-2006, 12:27 AM
I like the throttle cable set up. Does way with the drive by wire.

JerseySi
11-30-2006, 01:45 AM
unfortunately I don't know of any more videos (yet! :D )
Throttle setup does look a bit, well, home-made really! Apparently it runs twin 325 ecu's, although quite how it all works I'm not quite sure!
Apparently it's also had a paint job now, so looks a lot better - not sure if he's done anything about the holes in the back doors or not, but then the rad is mounted in the back somewhere so he gotta get some air in there somehow I guess! Probably another reason there looks to be so much room under the bonnet..

Either way, I need to find myself a scrapper 750i now - gotta be the cheapest way to get a bucket-load more ponies from an E34 ;) hahaha
Hell, who am I kidding - I'd be happy with a manual 'box & LSD for my M30 lump.. The auto's great at pretending to be a manual, but there's nothing quite like dipping the clutch mid-corner for inducing a big grin!

(Yep - I know I'll probly get some flames my way, but hell - I like a little bit of slideways action now & again, and a car as well balanced as the E34 is a great tool to do it with IMO)

bigtisas
11-30-2006, 05:22 AM
Nice. Should beat those Evo and Subaru easy.

winfred
11-30-2006, 08:29 AM
i am not knocking the fact that it has cables, just that it looks like it was composed of a old clothes line and a couple pulleys

I like the throttle cable set up. Does way with the drive by wire.