PDA

View Full Version : OT: Some Big Pig BS

Digita1 Ecstasy
11-29-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm driving home from work late, 12am. I live out far from town in a quiet suburban sub division. Im In that subdivision half a block from my house, going 5mph over the limit when I cross paths with the cop. I see the cop turning around but I don't even bother because I don't think he'll follow me INTO MY HOUSE. By the time he is in my driveway I am already outside of my car, which was ALREADY PARKED IN MY GARAGE. Is it even legal to stop someone like a traffic stop which this was because he administered a speeding ticket, on private property!? Seemed totally uncalled for and the cop was very rude to me, he thought I was trying to out run him. And wouldn't let me move an inch from my rear bumper telling me I'll go straight to jail if I move away from it.

Sigh sometimes I hate not being white. How is this legal!?

632 Regal
11-29-2006, 01:06 AM
sorry to say im white...

many years ago the cops were harassing everyone in the neighborhood when I lived with my parents. I came home and couldnt get to the driveway unless I drove the 2 miles around the block to access my own driveway from the other side... so me being me went over the curb and across the lawn as they were harrassing one of my friends.

got them off his ass to give me 4 tickets: going over the curb, crossing a sidewalk, driving on private property and eluding an officer.

anyway as white as I am, it cost me $400.00 to get out of it with a decent atty.

Oh yeah, I also closed the garage before they could gather and grab me in the garage, they stopped me between the garage and house. My atty got me off cause thay couldnt prove I was the driver... systems fukt and it's not cause of colour.

Digita1 Ecstasy
11-29-2006, 01:09 AM
He called me a spic under his breath.

That is why I added that comment.

When I was walking along my garage to get a seat. (cops write tickets so slowly) he immediatly jumps out of his car into my garage to confront me "Mr. You HAVE to stay at your rear bumper or you will be going to jail tonight!" I gave a sarcastic reply and walked back and as he turned to his car he utterd

"disrespectful spics"

I live in that kind of a town.

Digita1 Ecstasy
11-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Thats a really shitty story what happened to you.

Does anyone know if its legal to issue citations on private property. I thought it is not legal to do a traffic stop on private property...YOUR private property.

632 Regal
11-29-2006, 01:49 AM
if they follow you onto private property it's perfectly legal. if you dont have the racial slurs recorded your **** outta luck.

The police have a hard time, maybe moreso in your area and you have to cut them slack for doing their job, it might take years for you to accept this, which it did me too. Never EVER say ANYTHING while being ticketed or even in your defence, NEVER look them in the eye, NEVER say anything that IS NOT required and they will forget. Be as polite as you would be on a first date with some biatch that youll never have the chance to meet.

get a good atty, may cost some but the payback is worth it, no points, no increase in insurance etc. I dont know where you live but if close to Michigan i can hook you up.

whenever you are pulled over think of it as a profound gift into looking into a candy store, it's a fun game, dont throw rocks at the walls and they will not remember you.

I know I'm not makin sence but im trying.

Yiorgos
11-29-2006, 03:14 AM
I agree with Jeff, even though I don't live in the states, I am an ethnic minority here in Australia. I have always been very 'professional' with any encounters I have had with the police, and they have never given me stick about anything.

Always call them 'officer', looking at them as they are talking to you I would think is some kind of ice-breaker, it might restrict their desire to talk down to you, also if you don't look at them when they are talking to you it's giving off more of a 'are you listening to me?!' kind of vibe.

I suppose the police in the US might have a more 'vigilante' attitude towards the public than it is here in Australia, but I always talk to the cops like they are my manager at work or something.

Also it is quite unfortunate that the officer said something about your race, if you don't have a recording you've got **** all. I'm not sure how it is in the states, can you take an issue further against the police (say, in court or something) if all you have is a voice recording of what happened? Even if you did take it further, having that evidence, would it increase your chances of winning?

attack eagle
11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
He called me a spic under his breath.

That is why I added that comment.

When I was walking along my garage to get a seat. (cops write tickets so slowly) he immediatly jumps out of his car into my garage to confront me "Mr. You HAVE to stay at your rear bumper or you will be going to jail tonight!" I gave a sarcastic reply and walked back and as he turned to his car he utterd

"disrespectful spics"

I live in that kind of a town.
I might then assume that you are hispanic, but for damn sure you were being disrespectful, and posing a threat to the officer. I hate em more than morst, and got picked on as much as anyone as a kid (more so being white in a mexican town), but you should have stayed in the car, and not left it. And you for sure should not have waited the extra 3 -10 seconds it took to reach and pull into your driveway.

Besides, you WERE breaking the law. Why are you bitching? Next time drive 3 mph over instead.

SharkmanBMW
11-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Also it is quite unfortunate that the officer said something about your race, if you don't have a recording you've got **** all.

On tape means nothing...
it seems that in the USA, the cops can be on film punching someone repeatedly in the head, and it is seen as "appropriate force" by the leaders.
If you are a minority, it is even more "appropriate" apparently.

This is not my opinion, just what I see on the news!

I think cops do have a hard job, but should never let their emotions get involved, never break the law they supposedly protect... but we all know that is a big ****en joke!

attack eagle
11-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Sure, and it's ludicrous that they drive around breaking the speedlimit all the time... while ticketing others going more slowly.

Bright ray of sunshine... two different officers in two seperate incidents here were ticketed in the last 2 weeks for failure to control speed.
You'd never have seen that happen just a few years ago. The parked car one of them hit would have been cited for failure to yield to an emergency vehicle... :)

SnakeyesTx
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Were his lights even on?? Man... this coulda been avoided if you just had an automatic garage door opener and closed it behind you as you pulled into the garage. If he never hit the light bar to get your attention, you really didn't have much reason to stop to get out. I woulda shut the garage door and if he started knocking, call 911 dispatch and tell them you had a cop follow you, never pulled you over, and is now harassing your residence at the door.

SnakeyesTx
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Were his lights even on?? Man... this coulda been avoided if you just had an automatic garage door opener and closed it behind you as you pulled into the garage. If he never hit the light bar to get your attention, you really didn't have much reason to stop to get out. I woulda shut the garage door and if he started knocking, call 911 dispatch and tell them you had a cop follow you, never pulled you over, and is now harassing your residence at the door.

Jehu
11-29-2006, 03:20 PM
I would menrtion the remark in some way. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.. he's brought misery into your life its only fair you allow him the same opportunity to feel the heat.

Ross
11-30-2006, 05:59 AM
Even if he didn't signal you to stop he will testify that he did. So any defense based on his being on your private property is futile.
A 5 over violation is chicken **** and everyone knows it. If you contest it just be conciliatory and promise to be more careful. The judge may be familiar with his CS charges and let you off.
It's best not to piss off the Barney Fyfes of the world as occassionally they go off and hurt people. Sooner or later he'll get weeded out.
A friend of mine had a local cop harrassing his wife with frequent stops for little BS thinking perhaps she would take a liking to him. He finally got canned and is probably working with Gary Coleman now.

filip00
11-30-2006, 06:45 PM
reading this topic makes me wanna say - ACAB!

bmwalfa
11-30-2006, 07:30 PM
ive had my fair share of luck with cops, only one ticket doing 73 in a 55 in my alfa. i was pulled over twice in one night once no tickets.... so far.
write racial profiling all over that court case, fight it, go to court, and it will be dropped, and bring something up on the cop, as my civil law teacher always tells me class, call the guy who started the problem, and ask for his boss, and then his boss, things happen that way. the judge wiil probally throw it out if you just state your facts and represent yourself pro se if you have your facts right and you know your right, if the punishment was unjust for the action, you'll win

angrypancake
11-30-2006, 11:27 PM
"yeah I pulled over your blue eyed Negro friend, I thought he had a gun, har har har"

-cop to a friend of mine.

they can be real dickheads. you can file a complaint with the officer's seargant, or whatever higher officer, but it will just come back to bite you in teh ass when you go to court. take your lumps and move on, its probly the best thing you can do. when you go to court the guy will probly drop it down to some ******** violation. yes he shouldnt have pulled you over in the first place, but it happened.

angrypancake
11-30-2006, 11:27 PM
ot: AttackEagle you're on a roll tonight!