PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

dcbimmer
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
I need to locate a ECU unit and a EML unit for a 1991 535 auto. Any help would be great. My car is down and the guy that's working on it has narrowed it down to one of the two items.

shrike071
11-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Not to seem like a jerk, but Google is your friend. There are far too many sites out there selling used and new items for us to list them here. If you want to try used - Bavarian Auto Recycling is great.

92E34
11-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Well the ECU has the big connector that has the silver locking plate on it. It also has a lot of wires.

BMWCCA1
11-28-2006, 09:48 PM
For testing purposes you might be better off borrowing the parts from a known working car (probably what you intended anyway), either an E34 or E32 should do. If you're a BMW CCA member I'll suggest contacting someone from the local chapter to see if they know anyone with a likely donor car who wouldn't mind sharing. Of course a lot depends on their comfort level with the shop you're using. Many of the good BMW shops in DC might already have such parts around just for diagnosis. It's just a thought but there used to be lots of helpful people in the National Capital Chapter...probably still are. Just curious: Who's working on it?

dcbimmer
11-30-2006, 08:38 AM
I tried Barvarian recyclers and they have the ECU but not the EML. I thought someone in this group might have one forsale since a lot of guys in here seem to run into a lot of clunkers. For the guy who asked Einstein BMW has the call an the mechanic is name Gary. All this because the car won't start and I thought it was just a Fuel pump. I'm sick of driving this damm Ford!!!! Help me!!....LOL