PDA

View Full Version : selling the 540... anyone interested?

suntorn
11-28-2006, 01:58 PM
I know i havent posted alot, but i thought i'd throw this on here before ebay. I very recently, within two months, bought a really nice 94 540 with 104 on the odometer. I'm selling it because i just found out i'm leaving for the airforce on Jan. 2nd. should have never bought it.

anywase, i'm looking to get a fair price for it. I really dont know the going prices, but i'm looking for around 5500. i'll post some pics later. Thanks!

632 Regal
11-28-2006, 02:01 PM
where you at?

92E34
11-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Where are you located?

CharlesAFerg
11-28-2006, 02:37 PM
zomg!

Fetch
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
we were both born on October 4th, half price?

haha j/k, gl on sale.

632 Regal
11-28-2006, 03:40 PM
I was born Oct 4th

we were both born on October 4th, half price?

haha j/k, gl on sale.

suntorn
11-28-2006, 07:07 PM
I live in Harrisburg PA.

92E34
11-28-2006, 08:04 PM
I'll be in the King of Prussia area in about 2 1/2 weeks. I'd love to take a look at it.

suntorn
11-28-2006, 09:25 PM
sure, if its not sold by then, i'll meet you up there. i love the philly area

Fetch
11-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I was born Oct 4th

haha I remember...when I made my b-day thread :p

92E34
11-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Sweet. I'll keep in touch.

92E34
11-28-2006, 09:36 PM
I forgot to ask, is it a manual or auto?

bsell
11-29-2006, 06:39 AM
I know i havent posted alot, but i thought i'd throw this on here before ebay. I very recently, within two months, bought a really nice 94 540 with 104 on the odometer. I'm selling it because i just found out i'm leaving for the airforce on Jan. 2nd. should have never bought it.

anywase, i'm looking to get a fair price for it. I really dont know the going prices, but i'm looking for around 5500. i'll post some pics later. Thanks!

I have 16 years in the USAF and wonder why you would ditch a recently purchased car before joining...

Are you getting stationed somewhere that doesn't allow US cars? My first assignment was to Japan and everyone stateside told me I couldn't bring a car from the US, yet when I got here, there were several US-made (import) cars here.

What I am saying is don't take the first no as the 'answer'. Find somebody that knows what they are talking about. You don't want to know how mad I was when I found out how much money I could have made selling the POS Camero in Japan versus selling it for a loss in the States (before basic training).

My newly-purchased 1995 525I (with AC Schnitzer 18" rims and body kit) is currently containerized and floating its way to Germany to meet me for 4 years of Autobahn cruising.:D

If you have any questions about you coming transition, shoot me an email (in my profile).

Brian

silver-e34
11-29-2006, 08:31 AM
do you have any pics ?

Traian
11-29-2006, 11:23 PM
I have 16 years in the USAF and wonder why you would ditch a recently purchased car before joining...

Are you getting stationed somewhere that doesn't allow US cars? My first assignment was to Japan and everyone stateside told me I couldn't bring a car from the US, yet when I got here, there were several US-made (import) cars here.

What I am saying is don't take the first no as the 'answer'. Find somebody that knows what they are talking about. You don't want to know how mad I was when I found out how much money I could have made selling the POS Camero in Japan versus selling it for a loss in the States (before basic training).

My newly-purchased 1995 525I (with AC Schnitzer 18" rims and body kit) is currently containerized and floating its way to Germany to meet me for 4 years of Autobahn cruising.:D

If you have any questions about you coming transition, shoot me an email (in my profile).

Brian

I don't think there's any place in the world where an E34 is worth more than in North America. Better sell it here.

bsell
11-30-2006, 02:51 AM
I don't think there's any place in the world where an E34 is worth more than in North America. Better sell it here.

True enough in Japan, as any car that is 10 years old loses value like a rock off a cliff. But it sure does make for a good buyer's market!;)

My main point to the airman-to-be was he should be able to enjoy his recent purchase for years to come versus taking a bath right now. Plus he will have a steady income for the next 4-6 years to 'feed' the beast.:p

Brian

RobPatt
11-30-2006, 04:24 PM
also have 16+ in the USAF, went to Japan right out the gate...and left a cheery '78 camera w/38K miles on it back home...

soon sold it to a friend w/a job delivering books and he trashed the car...

over in Japan I had a 1981 2 door Carina 5 speed.. sport clutch, etc, rear drive, thing was a blast!

Brian