PDA

View Full Version : Saw a 95' M540 on the weekend...

WillDV
11-27-2006, 04:41 PM
I was driving back to Kitchener from Windsor Ontario with some friends, pulled off to get gas and saw a BEAUTIFUL M540. Asked the lucky owner to romp on it a bit when getting back on the highway and in true Bimmer owner style he did... lets just say she moved. I was dumb enough to forget to ask what # the car was... but it was a charcoal grey (or looked that way in the bad light) with M Parallel's. After seeing that thing I really missed my own E34 quite badly... I was travelling in an Integra, which is still also a nice car but its just not German. My apologies to the owner for giving him a groupies thumbs up when he waved, but I was just so excited! :) While I love my M50... theres just no comparison.

bmwalfa
11-27-2006, 04:56 PM
i love my m50 too, just remember we get better gas mileage.
ohh who am i kidding theres just no comparison

RobPatt
11-27-2006, 06:06 PM
:)

for forseeable future, i'm with the TU until it goes TU.

:p

i love my m50 too, just remember we get better gas mileage.
ohh who am i kidding theres just no comparison

cmk
11-29-2006, 11:54 AM
The car is Cosmos Black.
No problem on the thumbs up. :)

SC David
11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Whoa, he has been located! It's rare that happens with E34 owners. Most don't even know what they're driving.

Dave M
11-29-2006, 01:49 PM
The car is Cosmos Black.

Are you blushing? What are the odds of logging on to find someone gushing over your car?

I never get to see other bimmer.info's in Thunder Bay :(

Dave

Jehu
11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
one of those other forums has a "Spotted" thread where people post their sightings.I am surpised in the New England thread none have spotted me in the 6 months 20,000 miles i've been all over the whole region extensively.My ride isn't ordinary and mundane in appearence it is ?

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/5411/nhwm031kg0.jpg

angrypancake
11-29-2006, 02:57 PM
The car is Cosmos Black.

uhhhhhhhhhhh pics or ban. i'd love to see one of them on the highway.

cmk
11-29-2006, 03:37 PM
I've driven through Thunder Bay a number of times in the car.
Granted, i usually get there in the evening, crash at a hotel, and am gone first thing next morning (stop-over on Vancouver-Toronto drive).

cmk
11-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Umm, i have no pics.
It looks like David Chen's :
http://www.kindel.com/bmw/album/David%20Chens%20M540.jpg
http://www.kindel.com/bmw/album/1995%20European%20M5.jpg

cmk
11-29-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure all the M540 owners know what they are driving.

I found mine in '99 on the web when i was living in San Diego.
I flew to Toronto to look at it and a pristine '93 M5.
The M5 had a small oil leak and had been lowered (i didn't have time to screw around in Toronto, this was all done over a weekend).
The M540 was in great shape (other than some paint chips up front).
I chose the M540 and drove it back to San Diego, the rest is history. :)

TC535i
11-29-2006, 04:01 PM

The M5 had a small oil leak and had been lowered (i didn't have time to screw around in Toronto, this was all done over a weekend).

Whoa... you've been in the E34 scene longer than I have! (test drove my 535iM New Years Eve, 1998... had to have it)

spitfire
11-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Are you blushing? What are the odds of logging on to find someone gushing over your car?

I never get to see other bimmer.info's in Thunder Bay :(

Dave
Aslo used to live in YQT, in three locals, off of James, Hodder and Red River. Didn't have the 540 then but had an old Volvo 242GT. Great car.

WillDV
11-29-2006, 09:53 PM

:) I hoped you'd catch this post. I was pretty pumped up on E34's that weekend. My buddy in Windsor has a 1991 M5 that he's done alot of work on, and is pulling some nice horsepower out of the engine. So after having spent a weekend in both an E34 M5, and an E39 M5, to be eagerly waiting to get back to my M50 baby, and then seeing your car... Yeh it was good. I'm from out west as well, born and raised in Phoenix AZ and spent a fair amount of time ripping through the desert highways between San Diego and Phoenix, not to mention PCH.

But I'm pretty partial to Ontario... its a beautiful place to drive.