PDA

View Full Version : Eibach spring compatibility

Rory525
11-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi folks...

I called to order my eibach springs today and my seller contacted eibach supplier....

They said if the car has black mtek shocks they couldnt guarantee the springs would fit. If it has yellow bilsteins then they will fit.

What I want to know is has anyone fitted eibachs to mtek shocks sucessfully ? Thats what Im sure mine are at the back, I had the fronts replaced a couple of years back and I think they are bilstein sprints.

I searched for this info on the forum but never found it.

Any info would be much appreciated ! Im driving a 1.2 vauxhall corsa just now and I miss my bmw !

632 Regal
11-27-2006, 12:07 PM
I dont understand the difference myself, maybe some of the Mtec people know if theres a difference.

Rory525
11-27-2006, 12:15 PM
I dont understand the difference myself, maybe some of the Mtec people know if theres a difference.

Thats exactly what Im thinking I just dont see why there would be a difference... Im confused !

BillionPa
11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
its the height of the springs and the internal bumpstops.

the yellow sports and HD shocks have a bump stop designed for lowering springs, whereas the touring do not.

Rory525
11-28-2006, 11:03 AM
its the height of the springs and the internal bumpstops.

the yellow sports and HD shocks have a bump stop designed for lowering springs, whereas the touring do not.

So does that mean Eibachs will fit on my car with bilstein shocks at the front and standard mtek dampers at the rear?

What do you mean by HD shocks ?

Many thanks
Rory.

BillionPa
11-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks are like the sport shocks but a bit nicer over bumpy roads, and have been known to not fail as spectacularly (i think)

Rory525
11-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Um that still doesnt really answer my question ...

Can anybody tell me if you can fit aftermarket springs such as eibachs to mtek dampers ??

I really need help here my cars off the road and Im missing it big time !

632 Regal
11-29-2006, 12:43 PM
did you call patrick at bma? he would probably know for sure.

Rory525
11-29-2006, 12:47 PM
I take it bma is based in the US?

Im in Scotland and dont really want to call halfway round the world lol

632 Regal
11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
email them patrick@bmaparts.com
I take it bma is based in the US?

Im in Scotland and dont really want to call halfway round the world lol