PDA

View Full Version : OT: Change in how internet use costs - have you heard?

Jon K
11-26-2006, 08:28 AM
I am trying to write a presentation for this week and I cannot find the article(s) I read previously. To anyone who may have heard, some people are pushing to charge ISPs based on how much their users download/view webpages/etc. Does anyone have any links or information on this pricing model?

BillionPa
11-26-2006, 09:44 AM
its more like the ISP's are pushing congress to charge "users" based on how popular their sites are. and by users i mean web hosters. and of course that will mean the people who dont pay up will get less network priority.

comcast was running commercials saying net neutrality is BAD and that YOU PAY!!! what they really mean is they want more money, and if they cant get it from the people who own the websites, they are gonna charge you instead.

Bill R.
11-26-2006, 12:56 PM
voting against net neutrality if thats the issue that your referring to. Such as here. (http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6058223.html)

Just google net neutrality and you'll come up with plenty of stories.

I am trying to write a presentation for this week and I cannot find the article(s) I read previously. To anyone who may have heard, some people are pushing to charge ISPs based on how much their users download/view webpages/etc. Does anyone have any links or information on this pricing model?