PDA

View Full Version : tranny mount help needed

markus
11-25-2006, 09:03 PM
well today i decided to start replacing my engine and tranny mounts. I figured id start with the tranny mounts since well, i figure they cant be that hard right?

let me jsut say at 124k they are toast. They are like the ones you see on bmwe34.net where the tops broke off the rest of the mount, and the mounts are smooshed up. I had a hell of a time removing them and just took a drill to the middle of it and the tops fell off and I salvaged the nuts but theyre kinda beat up too. When reintalling i put the new mounts in and tightened the top nuts because I didnt see how its possible to tighten them up when the bracket is back in place and the 02 sensors are hooked up. I just finger tightened the bottom nuts and jacked the tranny back up and now the bracket holes wont line up with the body. What gives? I called it a day because I had been trying to do them since 3 this afternoon. Tommorow im going to do the engine mounts and be done with it. God knows what they will look like.

Jon K
11-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Hehe the bracket holes wont line up with the body because you have it facing the wrong way. Spin it 180 degrees :)

markus
11-25-2006, 10:13 PM
thanks ill try it again tommorow...i hope i am doing this whole thing right.. BTW where in PA are you located?

markus
11-25-2006, 11:05 PM
actually im not sure. the brackets for the 02 sensors are supposed to be facing a certain way correct?

Jon K
11-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Not sure about anything with O2 sensors but i know the bracket that holds the trans upis directional.

i am in south east PA, bucks county.

markus
11-25-2006, 11:51 PM
so what your saying is the holes should line up and i should not have to force them into place?

yaofeng
11-26-2006, 07:06 AM
See the notch on the edge of the rubber? The rubber goes in only oneway. The notch matches up with the rased dot on the support.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/yaofengchen/BMW_95_540/DSC_3581.jpg

markus
11-26-2006, 10:02 AM
im pretty sure they are already lined up with the notches but could 180 degrees make a difference? the only real problem like i said is when i try to line up the bracket holes to the body they dont want to line up without having to twist it.