PDA

View Full Version : Just fixed my CD stacker

rob101
11-25-2006, 04:34 AM
Was driving along and the stacker changed disc and just got jammed or something. and was stuck with disc 6 in it and would not change at all or play (just CD error). Anyway i opened it up and gave it an airbrush and removed the CD. took a few pictures of it when it was "naked" and kind of got to know about how it works.
It has 2 halves if you will, one has the mazagine and the other the laser /cd reader itself
i think it comprises of 3 motors.

1. controls the up down movement of an arm that moves up and down the mazagine side and pushs the tabs on the magazine to push the CD over to the player side.

2. Controls the feed for the cds, it runs two rollers that pull the cd out of the magazine and into the cd player half as well as putting the CDs back in the magazine.

3. Controls the height of the carriage on the magazine side. when this carriage is fully down the CD is secured and is the position to be played.

When i first reconnected the CD player. i had some problems it was giving me a cd error when there was a magazine in there. Even when i didn't have the head unit on, when a magazine was in and i tried to eject it, the cd feed (motor 2)was going nuts trying to put a cd back in the magazine. (there was none so it was just spinning the rollers ad infinitum). I fixed this by putting a CD into the player half and putting the carriage (on the player side) full down so that the CD was in the playing position. Then i chucked the empty magazine in as well.

So i switched it on and pressed eject and sure enough the cd was chucked in the magazine and then the magazine was ejected. I then put the magazine in and put the head unit on, then it proceeded to do a disc check and then play the CD no problems.

I have a theory that when the stacker is switched off with a CD in the play position, the carriage that hits the tabs on the magazine is in the position of the ejected CD. then the CD will try and eject it until the tab on the magazine is in the "there is a CD in here" position. anyway i took some pictures when i get around to posting them it should be a bit clearer.
As for the original problem, I am still not sure why it just died like that.

Yiorgos
11-25-2006, 05:40 AM
Picsorban!