PDA

View Full Version : My Hella EE's came...

BFEINZIMER
11-24-2006, 05:44 PM
I'll put pictures if requested, but basically the entire thing is wet, inside the glass, it smells of moldy water, there is plenty of rust all over the lights and I've already noticed a broken plastic piece...what should I do?

nizmainiac
11-24-2006, 05:48 PM
send them back or speak to the guy who sold them to you, in the uk if theres moisture inside the lense its an mot failiure

BFEINZIMER
11-24-2006, 05:50 PM
whats MOT? ive sent this guy messages before asking him for a tracking # i sent him liek 4 messages and got no replies, what if he doesent reply again

Rigmaster
11-24-2006, 07:46 PM
MOT is TOM spelled backwards........ :)

Seriously, it's the National safety inspection that all cars in the UK must pass before they are allowed to be driven on the roads there. I think it's something that must be passed every 2 years or so, but it's very comprehensive and very strict. Like Nizmainiac said- if headlights have moisture and/or rust inside them, then they will fail the MOT inspection. I think what he's saying is that if you purchased them from someone in the UK, they may have been removed from a car because they failed MOT- basically they were trash to people in the UK and they pawned them off on you- maybe.......

Bret.

Felixdacat
11-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Get in touch with the guy, and send them back. He probably thinks he pulled a fast one on ya.

clevertd
11-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Did you buy them off of eBay? I remember looking at set and at the time, wondering if I should have taken the plunge.

attack eagle
11-24-2006, 10:45 PM
chargeback as item not recieved (if you paid thru pay pal via CC) remove your bank account etc from it, and take the money as soon as you get it back on the card. Open a new paypal and let them suck on it. They'll eventually get it back from the theif.

BFEINZIMER
11-25-2006, 01:44 AM
Get in touch with the guy, and send them back. He probably thinks he pulled a fast one on ya.

HEY FELIX what up bro...hey i wanna buy that headrest stuff for sure but im super tight on money so you think you could hold it for my please? thanks dude

chargeback as item not recieved (if you paid thru pay pal via CC) remove your bank account etc from it, and take the money as soon as you get it back on the card. Open a new paypal and let them suck on it. They'll eventually get it back from the theif.

that sounds kinda sketchy...its my dads paypal and what not im i dont thhink hed wanna do that...i mean it musta been damaged in shipping, a piece of the light was broken and moisture everywhere...what are my other options, espally if this douch doesent reply to me

nizmainiac
11-25-2006, 07:21 AM
m.o.t is our yearly inspection to make sure the car is roadworthy, without it you can't buy road fund licence (or tax) and hence you would be driving illegally

BFEINZIMER
11-25-2006, 01:57 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f62/BFEINZIMER/Photo_11.jpg

Thats the broken piece...

I emailed ebay, see what happens, I also have the douches address, he left a UPS packing label in the box accidently...idiot.

BFEINZIMER
11-25-2006, 02:25 PM
so like can you only buy them smoked if you want them new?

http://www.schmiedmann.com/DisplayProductDetailsNew.aspx?SeriesID=11&ModelID=19&CategoryID=8&MasterProductGroupID=56&ProductGroupID=97&ProductID=708&MediaType=Screen&BackUrl=DisplayProductsNew.aspx%3fSeriesID%3d11%26 ModelID%3d19%26CategoryID%3d8%26MediaType%3dScreen %26DummyId%3d0&BackText=lights+and+indicators

http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/e34.htm

where can i get a new set non smoked

attack eagle
11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
well, just remember that paypal doesn't care if you were scammed, their buyer protection is only if they fail to ship you at least an empty box. Empty box = successful transaction. Broken parts = successful transaction. Counterfeit goods = successful transaction.

Like their parent Ebay, the SELLER pays the fees. That's why you do a chargeback on the CC itself, because they will NOT help you in anyway, and you would get stiffed for $70 in shipping anyway. But when you do, paypal will try to charge your bank account or other cc to get the CC chargeback back again.

Your first clue that you got scammed was when you didn't get a reply back from the seller in a timely manner, or an offer to replace the headlight free if you pay 1/2 shipping.

File with the shipping insurance if you want, but if the box isn't beat to hell, you won't get a dime from them.
"Either the seller failed to pack the item correctly, or they sent you defective parts" will be their reply. 1 week shipping is not time enough for something to completely rust out. (unless someone poured water in them).

Questions:
Did you find lots of little pieces of glass inside the box when you removed the packing materials??
Was the box showing obvious signs of distress and being slammed around??
Was the box showing water damage??

If no, they were sent that way.
So, either you roll over and take it up the booty, or you shaft paypal who eventually will get around to trying to taking the money from the scammer once they figure out that they aren't going to get their money back from you. BTW the seller probably has already changed their paypal account to prevent a chargeback if they did this interntionally.

When dealing with a corrupt system, you either cheat the cheats, or you get cheated. I hope you paid paypal with a CC, or else you can forget about doing anything. It won't be worth the effort.

It's your choice.

Jehu
11-25-2006, 05:43 PM
i am waiting coming on two weeks now for a shift knob i paid priority mail for from Crwoder's Customizing. I have a bad feeling about this. I bought a MOMO shift knob from him which broke.He said send it back for a replacement which i did. When he got it he said he didn't have any more like it and i could choose another. I chose one other than i meant to and while he accepted it back he insisted on an additional $12.95 for the knob i meant to ask for to replace the original and priority mail USPS shipping which the last time took just three days.The thing that makes me nervous is i paid him initially with paypal from my checking account for the ebay auction then as a single stand alone transaction for the additional $12.95 again from checking. I don't think i have any recourse if i used my checking account so he can basically string me along or tell me flat out he's not going to send me anything and all i can do is threaten to drive to South carolina and rearrange his face.That and spread the name of his operation:Crowder's Customizing, all over the internet telling everyone how he scammed me.Proabbaly sold me a knock off to begin with.The other MOMO knob of the kind he sold me had a small MOMO badge on the top part and was actually burl. This was some fake wood subsitite nothing like the picture which was beautifull. I should have sent the first one right straght back and kept looking. Its been nearly five months since i bought the forst defective knob and i'm s till using my stock original bmw knob.even if i end up with what i paid for its been less than pleasant.

BFEINZIMER
11-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Jehu-Thats sucks man, sorry for your troubles.

attack eagle-The box was in horrible shape and smells of mold, though the only thing messy inside is very crummy packaging, ill put a few pics later. It came via German Post, so DHL then I believe?

RobPatt
11-25-2006, 11:49 PM
...it's pretty cool.

rose, some molecule, and buddah.... elaborate?

anyway cool.
L8r, Rob sends...

i am waiting coming on two weeks now for a shift knob i paid priority mail for from Crwoder's Customizing. I have a bad feeling about this. I bought a MOMO shift knob from him which broke.He said send it back for a replacement which i did. When he got it he said he didn't have any more like it and i could choose another. I chose one other than i meant to and while he accepted it back he insisted on an additional $12.95 for the knob i meant to ask for to replace the original and priority mail USPS shipping which the last time took just three days.The thing that makes me nervous is i paid him initially with paypal from my checking account for the ebay auction then as a single stand alone transaction for the additional $12.95 again from checking. I don't think i have any recourse if i used my checking account so he can basically string me along or tell me flat out he's not going to send me anything and all i can do is threaten to drive to South carolina and rearrange his face.That and spread the name of his operation:Crowder's Customizing, all over the internet telling everyone how he scammed me.Proabbaly sold me a knock off to begin with.The other MOMO knob of the kind he sold me had a small MOMO badge on the top part and was actually burl. This was some fake wood subsitite nothing like the picture which was beautifull. I should have sent the first one right straght back and kept looking. Its been nearly five months since i bought the forst defective knob and i'm s till using my stock original bmw knob.even if i end up with what i paid for its been less than pleasant.

Jehu
11-26-2006, 01:19 AM
...it's pretty cool.

rose, some molecule, and buddah.... elaborate?

anyway cool.
L8r, Rob sends...

Oh just something i did with a an old copy of Ulead's Photo Impact 4.2 and insomnia.The Buddha face if you notice has a mushroom floating between his eyes.The molecular structure is that of Psilocybin,one of the psychoactive components of certain mushrooms.The Rose might represent the idea of something unfolding such as one's consciousness when having taken these mushrooms.The Milky Way could be speaking of the vastness of the universe,reminding us of where we are in proportion to what surrounds us. I suppose there are a number of other ideas suggested but generally it is suggestive of the transcendent consciousness to which one is awakened by these elements.As the face merges with the stars like the separation of the ego disappears and one comes to that total awareness beyond self.The Buddha,a representation of perfect enlightenment is beholding the Rose,perhaps suggesting one remember to see beauty in life or that his gaze is upon the flower which is reflecting to him the beauty of the vision awakened in this higher state of awareness.Maybe i just thought it looked cool too.Just a way to practice using the tools in the photo manipulation program to incorporate disparate images into something that seems to work as one.I have some home made Cd's for which i wanted to make cover art so i just went scouring image searches for pictures i thought would work.
http://users.adelphia.net/~cpkver8/images/611205210_l.jpg

http://users.adelphia.net/~cpkver8/images/cdart.BMP

http://users.adelphia.net/~cpkver8/images/devsoro.BMP

BFEINZIMER
11-26-2006, 12:18 PM
wtf lol