PDA

View Full Version : "BeastPower" anyone?

Dave M
11-23-2006, 05:55 PM
I musta hit a "BeastPower" link by accident, so I had a look around (are they a sponsor?). The first product I checked was euro hella headlights. I couldn'd believe what a new set of hellas for an e60 (http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BMI&Category_Code=hellafront) would cost. Check it out, its like buying a 'new' e34.

Dave

winfred
11-23-2006, 06:07 PM
yea that's about right for a factory set up, unless they have changed policy recently last i herd the dealer won't reflash your computer for a non factory option like hid's, as i have read the computer needs to be in on it for those to work, ****ing canbus ****, what happened to the days of when we wanted more light we just popped for hella conversions and 80/100s and maybe a relay kit to keep from nuking your wiring

Jr ///M5
11-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah that's a wake up call, even consider the E39 M5 with the ever plummeting prices now in the range of 25-29k for mediocre examples. The simple brake job that would consist of pads and rotors for all 4 wheels on a normal E34, even an M5 would cost less than $500.....Just one rotor for an E39 M5 is $250!!!

I still think we drive the best bargains out there.

JR

Atl530i
11-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah that's a wake up call, even consider the E39 M5 with the ever plummeting prices now in the range of 25-29k for mediocre examples. The simple brake job that would consist of pads and rotors for all 4 wheels on a normal E34, even an M5 would cost less than $500.....Just one rotor for an E39 M5 is $250!!!

JR

+1

CharlesAFerg
11-23-2006, 09:21 PM
JR

Oh hell, bargain can't eve begin to describe it, neither can diamond in the rough. It's just one of a kind.

rob101
11-23-2006, 10:21 PM
yea that's about right for a factory set up, unless they have changed policy recently last i herd the dealer won't reflash your computer for a non factory option like hid's, as i have read the computer needs to be in on it for those to work, ****ing canbus ****, what happened to the days of when we wanted more light we just popped for hella conversions and 80/100s and maybe a relay kit to keep from nuking your wiring
CANBUS? you're kidding right? we have that computer system in our new german cranes lol. mind you they actually need it, its not just there for decoration I wonder how much of new bmw's price is that over sophisticated computer system.

Qube
11-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Yep. Been there. Lots of E39 (pricy) goodies. If I somehow drop into an E39 (and not Z4 or E34 touring), then I'd be in a candystore at that site.