PDA

View Full Version : Stuck rubber hoses

Alpinewhite
11-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi All,

I have two rubber hoses cut because I couldn't remove them. Now the worst part is I am not able to remove the piece that is still stuck on the nipple. One is the fuel hose (at least this is stuck on to metal tube) the other is Vacuum hose for brake booster (This is stuck on to a plastic tube :((( ).

Please give me some ideas to remove these stuck pieces.

Thanks
Arun

Rus
11-23-2006, 10:18 AM
If you are extremely careful, take a razor blade and slice along the hose, but not all the way through. Then you can peel the hose off. You do risk scoring the nipple if you go to deep, so do it very carefully. On metal nipples you can also just use some pliers and twist the hose off. Plastic is not so easy. I sometimes also use a pair of dykes to "chew" through the hose if the length is small enough to do it lengthwise.

yaofeng
11-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Take a pair of small adjustable pliers to clamp on the rubber hose and start twisting it provided you have enough space to fit the pliers. Clamp on it just tight enought to twist.

winfred
11-23-2006, 11:29 AM
razor blade or a pick stuck under the edge and worked around the pipe to break the bond are the least destructive ways, grabbing it with pliers can damage other things or the part itself