PDA

View Full Version : warning: RANT

Boone.Msi
11-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Why is it that people come on this forum with a beautiful car get tons of help and advice from enthusiast and mechanics then use the same site to talk **** about their car or how they got a different car and "ooooh its sooo much better?"

piss off! thats like being a yankees fan and going to a redsox/yankees game and at the end of the game when the yankees are losing, you go over to the redsox side with a megaphone and scream YOU YANKEES SUCK!!!

NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THAT! use common sense (something i thought only americans didnt have...)
sheesh

Zackb911
11-21-2006, 08:02 AM
piss off! thats like being a yankees fan and going to a redsox/yankees game and at the end of the game when the yankees are losing, you go over to the redsox side with a megaphone and scream YOU YANKEES SUCK!!!

The Yankess do suck...:D

billy
11-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Why is it that people come on this forum with a beautiful car get tons of help and advice from enthusiast and mechanics then use the same site to talk **** about their car or how they got a different car and "ooooh its sooo much better?"

piss off!

get a grip

mikell
11-21-2006, 08:42 AM
get a grip

Take a deep breath.

zman-95-540i
11-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Huh? Chill out dude.

Omega
11-21-2006, 09:21 AM
then use the same site to talk **** about their car or how they got a different car and "ooooh its sooo much better?"

??? :) Knickers in a twist?

I came to this site with an e34. Asked some questions, got some good answers, some not so, but more importantly made friends with some really nice people and have a laugh.

I now drive an e39. Still a BMW and more importantly still a 5 series, as is the name of this forum. The forum title is "5 series BMW" and the clue is in the name. Something to remember is, and I cannot stress this enough, BMW did not stop making the 5 series after 1996.

The e39 is much better than my (notice the word MY) old e34. Now looking at the cars that some of the members have (Attack Eagle's wagon springs to mind <;) sweet;) >) I would hazard a guess that his e34 wagon is much better that my e39 wagon but it's what I can afford to run and maintain.

Chill out and roll with the flow, or piss off. Your choice.

Ross
11-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey asshat! (I've been dying to use that one Jeff) In case you haven't noticed you are on a predominantly American forum here. So easy on the insults and take a pill.

Omega
11-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Hey asshat! (I've been dying to use that one Jeff) In case you haven't noticed you are on a predominantly American forum here. So easy on the insults and take a pill.

Asshat? Please be more specific as to of whom you speak. I believe I am currently wearing the patented "hat" but may be mistaken. :D

I wouldn't want to insult you by mistake.

Ross
11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry if I've encroached. I couldn't wait to use it after seeing it one of Jeff's posts. Is "****stick" taken?

Omega
11-21-2006, 12:28 PM
No. Feel free to use the ****stick. It's over there, behind the door. Next to the tossKettle.

kyleN20
11-21-2006, 12:38 PM
dont knock on america

splower
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
hahahaha,

yeah I do think it is better car than MY last E34, and even better than the E34 I had before that. All I've said is MY personal opinion. Are you like this whenever somone else gets a new car, or is it because its not an E34?

So far, I dont remember slagging your car off, in fact I think it looks great. If you enjoy owning and driving it, thats all that matters.

Maybe I'll get my Dad to sign up and post pictures of his new M5, and see what you say when he comments that its better than any E34 or 39 he's ever driven.

angrypancake
11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
The Yankess do suck...:D

go Mets.

RobPatt
11-21-2006, 06:46 PM
....so far this is the single best thing I've read all day.... hell I even smiled once or twice...

...'guess that means I need a pill to, but will opt for a cold beer instead...soon as I get home....

and in order to get home I gotta drive wayyy over 55 ('cause I'm one of those who doesn't have any common sense I guess....) in my E34, and that ALWAYS puts a smile on my face too... I'm outta here.

Cheers, Rob sends....

CharlesAFerg
11-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Then what IS the best car in the world?

What the hell is he talking about?

Something American's don't have?

Dude, think about it, you're no different than me.

Nick.Hay
11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
I agree!!

I'll say now that I have been away the last few days, so I am unsure who you are talking about, but I can see where you are coming from.

There have been numerous people post here (even in the brief time I've been a member), that have bought a nice, reasonable E34 with a few problems, then proceeded to blame the car for being impossible to fix!! Jesus... You bought the car, knowing it had problems.. Maybe if you'd done your research, you'd know that some of the problems aren't gonna be cheap/easy to rectify.

However, if your rant was taking a swing at E34 to E39 owners... :(
You try buying an E39 and NOT be excited!! Even a base model E39 is immediately gonna be better than an E34 (unless its a super-clean high-end model). Someone coming on here and saying they've bought an E39, and how awesome it is should be met with a warm reception (I'm not a fan of the E39 really), they are not deserting the marque, nor are they ridiculing the E34, but it IS a big step up the BMW ladder.. Its like an E28 owner buying an E34.

As for all the hater, flamers, and general abuse... Get a ****ing grip guys!! Fair enough Boone may be a little out of line, but we are all here for the same reason, and maybe some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism might be a better tack than some of the other methods I've seen displayed!!

As for the American slurrs... True, I've met A LOT of Yanks who are absolute ****stains, but at the same time, I've met just as many who are damn awesome, genuine, nice peeps!!

Stereotyping doesn't have a place on this board... All you yuppy BMW owning wankers you!! :D :D :D

Nick.Hay
11-21-2006, 08:16 PM
If Boone's rant was directed at you, it really is a shame.

I'm sure that your E39 is nice (and until more pics are posted, we can only guess :p ), but judging by your sig pic, your old E34 looked damn awesome, and I still would have picked that over the E39. I guess I'm just a die-hard E34 fanatic!!

Once some nice 19in rims go under the E39, and its lowered, tinted, etc, I may have to change my tune!! :D

Either way, as long as you are happy, no one can say ****!! Its newer, its more refined, but most of all, its still a BMW!!

RobPatt
11-21-2006, 08:21 PM
... I'm buying an edsel.:D

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Then what IS the best car in the world?

It floats it flies...what more could you want?

Nick.Hay
11-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Or a dirty Merc??

a 180e!! hahahahahahaa!!!

632 Regal
11-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Hah, Im probably a ****stain that somehow got entered into my crackwhore mothers insides, a wanker, and lets see...

okay, ****tard, ****stick, geekstick, yankee, asshat, ****stains, this post will be in the archives under...who knows what, maybe a slang translation page.

what about american terminology?

retard, druggie, *******, ****tard, crackhead, asshat, geekstick, ****up, euro****, dickhead, **********, cock...

I better stop before I am banned or some **** for swearing.

Warning guys, It is against the forum rules to use any racial or swear words, you will be banned...

You Yuppie ****ing Crackers...

CharlesAFerg
11-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Hah, Im probably a ****stain that somehow got entered into my crackwhore mothers insides, a wanker, and lets see...

okay, ****tard, ****stick, geekstick, yankee, asshat, ****stains, this post will be in the archives under...who knows what, maybe a slang translation page.

what about american terminology?

retard, druggie, *******, ****tard, crackhead, asshat, geekstick, ****up, euro****, dickhead, **********, cock...

I better stop before I am banned or some **** for swearing.

Warning guys, It is against the forum rules to use any racial or swear words, you will be banned...

Yuppie ****ing Crackers...

LOL @ "official asshat" hahaha

PS I would lower that Chittychittybangbang and turbo it.

tdgard
11-21-2006, 09:22 PM
ACHTUNG ALL CUMBUCKETS!

Zis is ze "Particularly E34" forum--not ze "Exclusively E34" forum.

Thank you.

Ohh. Edit to clarify that the Yankees DO suck.

weiss_535is
11-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Asshat? Please be more specific as to of whom you speak. I believe I am currently wearing the patented "hat" but may be mistaken. :D

I wouldn't want to insult you by mistake.

Need clarification on Asshat.... Is this one?

Sweetwater
11-22-2006, 01:12 AM
Rant gets a 3 out of 10...... not nearly enough venom and vindictiveness to get over the hurdle of a 5.

Replies so far are maybe 3.5 out of 10.......folks, if you really get out of sorts and post a real rant that brings tears to the eyes and causes the blood pressure to skyrocket, maybe even induces a stroke or at least a TIA, then you'll acheive a true RANT

ryan roopnarine
11-22-2006, 07:58 AM
I agree!!

I'll say now that I have been away the last few days, so I am unsure who you are talking about, but I can see where you are coming from.

There have been numerous people post here (even in the brief time I've been a member), that have bought a nice, reasonable E34 with a few problems, then proceeded to blame the car for being impossible to fix!! Jesus... You bought the car, knowing it had problems.. Maybe if you'd done your research, you'd know that some of the problems aren't gonna be cheap/easy to rectify.

this is exactly what this rant should have been about.
this is what has cause me to go from 1k posts within the first 6 months of the v-bulletin implementation to ignoring most requests for things that could be found on sean+johan's, shogun's, don gale's, &c. &c respective pages. If you've come here for help, don't start off by telling us how much more reliable your lexus/infiniti/ american car is, and how the e34 is a piece of shiat, and so forth, or how pompous you think we are, or how your plastic fantastic new/slightly used GM out handles/out accelerates our cars....and then expect somebody to fix it for you over the internet--cause we drive shiatty cars, and are beholden to you or such. if you are internet savvy enough to find this forum, you damn well know that you might be able to search our archives first, and see if someone else has had the same problem as you. i know i've been personally responsible for some of the deterioriation of the discourse on this board, but when i stop and think about it, i'm pretty damn sure that the first thing i did when i found this board was to search the archives for the problems i thought i saw evident in my car---so i couldn't possibly be as bad as some of the people coming on here nowadays.

31Hertz
11-22-2006, 08:35 AM
I love you guys...

This is how my 540 will look when I am finished with mods:

Boone.Msi
11-22-2006, 10:34 AM
this is exactly what this rant should have been about.
this is what has cause me to go from 1k posts within the first 6 months of the v-bulletin implementation to ignoring most requests for things that could be found on sean+johan's, shogun's, don gale's, &c. &c respective pages. If you've come here for help, don't start off by telling us how much more reliable your lexus/infiniti/ american car is, and how the e34 is a piece of shiat, and so forth, or how pompous you think we are, or how your plastic fantastic new/slightly used GM out handles/out accelerates our cars....and then expect somebody to fix it for you over the internet--cause we drive shiatty cars, and are beholden to you or such. if you are internet savvy enough to find this forum, you damn well know that you might be able to search our archives first, and see if someone else has had the same problem as you. i know i've been personally responsible for some of the deterioriation of the discourse on this board, but when i stop and think about it, i'm pretty damn sure that the first thing i did when i found this board was to search the archives for the problems i thought i saw evident in my car---so i couldn't possibly be as bad as some of the people coming on here nowadays.

This couldnt have been said better. This is exactly what i was talking about. What?! who said e34's where the best cars? Omega i never even targeted your post. i would take an e39 540/6 in a heartbeat if i had the money. let me clarify this a little better....

DONT COME TO A FORUM ASKING HELP FOR YOUR E34 AND THEN BRAG ON THAT SAME FORUM THAT YOU DUMPED IT FOR AN E39.

I know this forum is only "particularly" for e34's but dosent that say it right there? id say at least 90% of this "5 series" forum is for the e34... thats how i found it through bmwe34.net

also i heard "asshat" was a slang term for that piece of paper that you put on a public restrooms toilet to keep your ass safe. -thats funny

i think i covered everything. by the way i wasnt knocking on america or the yankees.

thats just an easy stereotype (yankee/redsox rivalry) i could have easily got the same point out of saying the two football teams georgia state vs. georgia tech (georiga football rivals)

if anyone else wants to throw something at me go right ahead. this post wasnt even supposed to get that far...

so congragulations for bringing everyone away from their car for a few minutes:)

Ross
11-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Boone,
That's an ass GASKET.
No offense truely taken.
Ross

Omega
11-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Omega i never even targeted your post.

I probably wouldn't have noticed if you did target my post for the following reason:

congragulations for bringing everyone away from their car for a few minutes:)

Fun wasn't it? :D Don't always take life so seriously. Now go buy a vortex generator....[link to thread] (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=27994) And your BMW, regardless of whether it's an e34 or an e39 will ALMOST be as cool as this....

http://www.thecitypress.com/850/homer_dreamcar.gif

(thanks to 31Hertz for finding&posting the image earlier... :D )

Gayle
11-22-2006, 01:53 PM
also i heard "asshat" was a slang term for that piece of paper that you put on a public restrooms toilet to keep your ass safe. -thats funny

Definition of Asshat (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asshat)

Nick.Hay
11-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Jeff,

You forgot ****-knuckle...

Blitzkrieg Bob
11-22-2006, 09:16 PM
and sphincter licker

Wes F
11-22-2006, 11:17 PM

I do believe sir, that the piece of paper to protect yo ass is called an "ass gasket." ;)