PDA

View Full Version : OT: hooray for me, i just bought a (likely) broken fuel injector cleaner...

ryan roopnarine
11-20-2006, 09:33 PM
bastards...when i realised that the thing was likely kaput i had put the bid in already. i could have gotten a new one for $40 more. oh well. if you are ever in the area and you bring your own air compressor and cleaning solvent, i'll do your injectors for gratis!:( :D

ryan roopnarine
12-01-2006, 01:57 PM
hahahaha
for once, ryan wins (for once).

i "thought" that the unit was broken because the ebay pics picture the gauge on it pegged at 35 psi, even when it was disconnected from shop air.

i got it in the mail today, and took it out of the box to curse at the pegged gauge. i start playing with it, and, lo and behold.....

the reason the gauge was pegged was because someone had pressurised it to test it and didn't open the release valve when they were done. i actually saved about $43 on this transaction over a new unit. alls i need now are some fittings on it and i'll be the king of the brick $hithouse

Dave M
12-01-2006, 02:10 PM
King ****,

My injectors are in the mail :)

BTW, what was the idea you elluded to with regard to my engine woes?
Kinda intetested.

ryan roopnarine
12-01-2006, 03:16 PM
King ****,

My injectors are in the mail :)

BTW, what was the idea you elluded to with regard to my engine woes?
Kinda intetested.

a mildly bad fuel pressure regulator. if you had the a/c in your car, you could have seen if that were a likely candidate more easily than sans a/c or autotrans.

ps...i don't know if canada post has a new fleet of reindeer or not, but unless you can fit your e34 in a box, i can't really help you. its an on car fuel injector cleaner...:D