PDA

View Full Version : Overheating (thanx to service guys lol)

Chriszea
11-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Okay this is just dumb, I made a very dumb decision on my part though, i took my beamer .... to a non beamer mechanic ... dum dum dum!!

I thought i was loosing coolant cuase my reserve tank always looked low, even when i uncapped it, and i had a 400km drive to do the next day so thought i'd check it out, took it in, they "flushed" and presure checked for leaks but found nothing, so all good guess its just a small natural leak somwhere ....? :(

So anyway, on my long drive i stop at a servo, get in, start the car, then the temp guage starts going up ... and up ... and up ... i freak out turn the car off and ring them, they said that started happening and that they took it for a drive and it goes down. IT DIDN'T DO THAT BEFORE ... but what can you do =(. :p (so yeah u drive alone and it slowely goes down ....?)

Now the temp needle sits about 1mm or 2mm over where it used to, and fluctuates a bit, which aint cool. Thermostat maybe but i got a new one of them like a month ago so yeh.

Long story cut short, what is wrong with my car? and Dont ever take your Beamer to a country mechanic =).:)

markus
11-20-2006, 09:00 PM
sounds like they did a shitty job bleeding the coolant. If the car has an M20 in it the bleeder screw is located on top of the thermostat housing.

Chriszea
11-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Cool thanx, i dont like to touch my engine ... at all ... cuase anything i touch blows up, so i'll take it to the mechanic, get it all checked out just for keeps :).

cheers, Ollie