PDA

View Full Version : More questions on M60 Intake re-seal

Alpinewhite
11-20-2006, 08:49 PM
I am sorry to keep on posting new questions about this. But I got nowhere else to get info from.

1. What is the torque for the M6 screws (infamous T30s) that hold PCV and Throttle housing on to intake manifold.

2. What is the torque for the bolts connecting fuel rail and intake wiring harness.

3. Whats is the torque for the bolts that hold intake manifold on the head. I have the torque pdf but I am not sure I am looking at it correctly.

4. Dealer is out of stock of the rubber hose that connects Throttle housing and the tube from brake booster. I am planning to use some generic hose from auto parts stores. Is it ok?

Thanks
Arun

BlueM60
11-20-2006, 09:20 PM
i use a German torque spec guide which reccomends gutentight for all the bolts. I wouldnt worry too much about the torque of those bolts as its not critical. The hose from the store will probably be fine as long is its the right size.

-Ben

Dave M
11-20-2006, 09:29 PM
right click and save (http://www.mwrench.com/Whitepapers/torqspec.pdf) for bmw torque values.

OOooooPs, you have the pdf. Lets see, intake to head, all engines:

M6 = 10 NM
M7 = 15 NM
M8 = 22 NM

Not sure what the M60 is, I believe the M50 is a M7 (not that that will help you :) ).

Oh, and in general, an M6 (8.8) bolt should be torqued to ~10 NM

Dave M