PDA

View Full Version : End of day 2 still going - M60 Intake gaskets and PCV plate

Alpinewhite
11-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi All,

Atlast I have taken the intake manifold out after some mistakes which I have to correct now. I need answers to these questions

1. I am planning to remove all the vaccum hoses and install new ones. Stealer doesn't have them in stock I have been waiting for a week already. They all look identical to me. Can I get a few feet of this hose from some other place?

2. When I severed the fuel line on the driver side (It wouldn't budge), there was not much pressure. Just some fuel dripped out. Is this normal?

3. Can I reuse the fuel hose which I severed at the chasis end. Cut the damaged portion and plug it back in? Is it safe?

4. I have to wait for parts now and If I get them all I will be able to do some work on Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks
Arun

winfred
11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
1. I am planning to remove all the vaccum hoses and install new ones. Stealer doesn't have them in stock I have been waiting for a week already. They all look identical to me. Can I get a few feet of this hose from some other place?

yes normal vacuum line will work

2. When I severed the fuel line on the driver side (It wouldn't budge), there was not much pressure. Just some fuel dripped out. Is this normal?

yep, it bleeds down when the car sits

3. Can I reuse the fuel hose which I severed at the chasis end. Cut the damaged portion and plug it back in? Is it safe?

i do this all of the time, m60s seem to be some of the worst for the rubber sticking to the nipples

4. I have to wait for parts now and If I get them all I will be able to do some work on Thanksgiving weekend.

if you think you can :D

Alpinewhite
11-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for your answers Winfred. I still dont understand many wrench terms hence I need some clarification please

yes normal vacuum line will work

Where will I get the normal vaccum line? And what specification hose I should ask for.

Thanks
Arun

winfred
11-19-2006, 10:50 PM
take a piece to the auto parts store toss it on the counter and grunt nnnnggg.... need __ feet of this :D

Thanks for your answers Winfred. I still dont understand many wrench terms hence I need some clarification please

Where will I get the normal vaccum line? And what specification hose I should ask for.

Thanks
Arun

Alpinewhite
11-19-2006, 10:55 PM
take a piece to the auto parts store toss it on the counter and grunt nnnnggg.... need __ feet of this :D

Will do that.

Thanks
Arun